montana

Kurt_MT

Jan 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the Bitterroot here, down close to Hamilton. Just getting my feet wet in this area, and sadly dont really have any decent equipment yet, just some cheap detectors. But there is a lot to look for, I have a old 1890's map of gold claims, which if my body will allow i hope to do some exploring this spring.
Hoping to find a nice little area that has some good results in nugget hunting, as well as look around for old pieces and coins.

Jocinthebox

Jan 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jefferson County(Boulder-Basin)via Helena!Hard rock mining and I don't care how cold it gets!LOL.Bears mountain lions coyotes and wolves...just be smart and don't go where they go...and try not to look like food.

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Team sidewinder now lcollins. Not sure what happened here but couldn't log in so had to make another profile/name.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we have had a heat wave here in north idaho for the past week. low to mid 40's. day time high. but cold is on the way again lol.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Things are thawing here in Bozeman but still too frozen and too much snow to dig. Don't want to get my hopes up cause I know winter isn't over till April at least.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Jimmy Buffett sings "So g-- damned cold it's going to snow until June."

johngfoster

Feb 7, 2016
NW Montana
Detector(s) used
30" Prospector BGT,
Garret pans (10", 14", SuperSluice),
Home-built Gold Hog-ish Highbanker a la Raptor
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ronan here. Heart of the Mission Valley. In the middle of the Flathead Reservation. Not much allowed for a non-tribal member on the rez though. Looking for areas to prospect for gold in the vicinity. Also wondering how to find out if an area also has a claim on it. Did a bit of prospecting during college on the N. Fork of the American River in the Colfax area, and found just enough gold to make me realize I would make more money flipping burgers at McDonalds than mining gold, unless I got lucky. However, am looking to get back into it as a hobby that gives a little back instead of being a money hole.

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy. We are into prospecting here in SW Montana also and so far we haven't found much. I have a gps with a chip that shows every thing like private property, BLM land, Tribal land and forest service land but not mining claims.
I also wish there was a better way to see if there is mining claims on the land.

Got_4by4

Feb 9, 2009
Treasure Valley Id
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, White's IDX/Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy. We are into prospecting here in SW Montana also and so far we haven't found much. I have a gps with a chip that shows every thing like private property, BLM land, Tribal land and forest service land but not mining claims.
I also wish there was a better way to see if there is mining claims on the land.

Find the location of your local BLM office. Also search out local prospecting clubs for assistance.

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions