Anybody out there?

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I was out there last July visiting a son. Found a nice girl's sterling ring 'Glacier National Park' at a 1902 school near Flathead Lake. I live in Minnesota.

OP
OP
torreya

torreya

Aug 15, 2013
Hi goose..if u ever out again look me up! Happy Hunting!

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I normally visit once or twice a yr in June and/or July. Where do you live? My son lives near Anaconda. About 25 miles N W of Anaconda near Phillipsburg, is a ghost town named 'Granite City'. It's 4-1/2 miles up a mountain and although I have a SUV (6 speed stick), I believe a sedan can get up there for detecting. I've been up there 3 times now with no results except odds and ends and a little common coinage. There are some remaining buildings there .... wooden cabins and a 2 story brick 'Union Hall' with just the walls remaining....an interesting place.

fordfather

Greenie
Dec 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed, Billings area!

Plead ignorance, and people won't expect so much of you.

OP
OP
torreya

torreya

Aug 15, 2013
I normally visit once or twice a yr in June and/or July. Where do you live? My son lives near Anaconda. About 25 miles N W of Anaconda near Phillipsburg, is a ghost town named 'Granite City'. It's 4-1/2 miles up a mountain and although I have a SUV (6 speed stick), I believe a sedan can get up there for detecting. I've been up there 3 times now with no results except odds and ends and a little common coinage. There are some remaining buildings there .... wooden cabins and a 2 story brick 'Union Hall' with just the walls remaining....an interesting place.
Sounds cool..I'm from laurel...bout 15 min from billings

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have any caches you want checked out, I do the long range locators. Billings area.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi neighbor! So do you detect the baseball field after the big fourth of July fireworks there in Laurel? There sure ought to be a few goodies to be found.

OP
OP
torreya

torreya

Aug 15, 2013
Hi neighbor! So do you detect the baseball field after the big fourth of July fireworks there in Laurel? There sure ought to be a few goodies to be found.

Well I've only had my detector since august...that's high on my list for next summer...hope the weather holds a few more wks

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to check out the park down by the river. And the homes that are south of the RR tracks, and those homes that are south of 6th street are part of the older town.

OP
OP
torreya

torreya

Aug 15, 2013
You might want to check out the park down by the river. And the homes that are south of the RR tracks, and those homes that are south of 6th street are part of the older town.

Thanks for the tips..I like riverside park alot..its junky so its a tough hunt but I come home with money every time. Found a 1941 wheat there today...

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all this moisture your detector should reach down a little deeper. What brand of detector do you have?

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good detector! A friend that lives in Billings used to be a Tesoro dealer.

OP
OP
torreya

torreya

Aug 15, 2013
Good detector! A friend that lives in Billings used to be a Tesoro dealer.

Its a great machine...no frills but the disc is great and goes pretty deep...coins have a loud creamy tone that is unlike any other metals. What do you use?

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a White's MXT. I also still have my White's Coinmaster from the 70's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread