New to forum

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum. I'm surprised anyone would find Montana busy. Of course Montana Tech. Is in session so that could add to the busy feeling in Butte. Good hunting.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Go-Diggers, glad you are aboard. Butte is a neat town to detect. All I've found there were a few clad dollars (S B Anthony) and common change. I also found a silver dime after a sidewalk was removed on Front St. There are a lot of vacant lots in Butte where homes used to be.....should be good detecting.

OP
OP
G

GoDiggers

Sep 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody. I just set up my gold bug pro today, but it's raining nonstop so that's been terrible.

I'm hoping to do some good detecting around the area. I've heard positive things about the area near PBurg (not the ghost town) and south of Table mtn.

Didn't even think about doing stuff around town. Feel like in the wrong part I'd get accosted though. Some of the people in town ain't the friendliest looking types.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have seen a guy a couple of times when I was over there metal detecting at several public areas in P-Burg. Never detected there but unfriendly people can be found anywhere.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was born and raised in Butte. Very historic town. I have always found that the people there are very friendly. They don't put up with B.S. But will also go out of there way to help someone in need. I make it back there about once a month. Tough people, but good people, not fake, what you see is what you get.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions