Detecting In February

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to almost two weeks of unseasonably warm weather I was able to get out detecting in February. Almost unheard of here on SW Montana but now back to normal winter temps and frozen ground again. At least it was a chance to relieve my detecting fever until spring summer.

Last edited:

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here, I think it made my fever worse.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm the same. Any chance to get out and I'm a happy person! Back 10 days ago when the weather was fairly nice I spent two hours searching an old grazing area and found a sweet 1975 Canadian dime..............OK not so sweet but at least I didn't go home empty handed and just getting out made my day!

OP
OP
lcollins

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anaconda, Montana. My son and his wife live in Helena but have I never brought my detector with me when we come to visit them.

Last edited:

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get out a couple times also, didn't find a lot but agree, sure felt good to be out in the middle of February.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple weeks ago we drove all the way across the state from ND to Spokane. GHR Only Place froze was the top of Marias Pass to the other side of the Flathead. So I have been going to Plains and doing pretty good. I've got 8 silver coins in 2 trips and this badge. 1425051072696.jpg

Attachments

• 1425051072696.jpg
    1425051072696.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 156

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
D S, of course you know that that badge is guv'mint property and should be returned immediately to the Interior Department in Washington, D C. They don't want it mailed or delivered by UPS or Fed Ex, but returned personally. So, get in your car and make the approximately 1950 mile trip immediately. And no, you are NOT allowed to deduct your gasoline costs ($320-?) for doing your duty to save the guv'mint around $1 for another badge they order from China.
(Geeze, that's a NICE find !)

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D S, of course you know that that badge is guv'mint property and should be returned immediately to the Interior Department in Washington, D C. They don't want it mailed or delivered by UPS or Fed Ex, but returned personally. So, get in your car and make the approximately 1950 mile trip immediately. And no, you are NOT allowed to deduct your gasoline costs ($320-?) for doing your duty to save the guv'mint around $1 for another badge they order from China.
(Geeze, that's a NICE find !)

I believe the guy that let us detect his yard said he retired from the forest service. I tried to find him twice to return it. I will find him next time or just leave an envelope on his door.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
D S, if you find the owner, return it. All in all, I was joking....I kid a lot on the net. And leaving it in an envelope by his door? Doesn't sound to good to me because of theft.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D S, if you find the owner, return it. All in all, I was joking....I kid a lot on the net. And leaving it in an envelope by his door? Doesn't sound to good to me because of theft.

I figured you were joking. I would like to get it back to him over wise it will sit in a drawer forever. The neighborhood he lives in is so small if I were to leave it at the door half his neighbors would know before I made it back to my truck. Lol

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Due to almost two weeks of unseasonably warm weather I was able to get out detecting in February. Almost unheard of here on SW Montana but now back to normal winter temps and frozen ground again. At least it was a chance to relieve my detecting fever until spring summer.

Might I suggest a warm fire, a case of Moose Drool and a good magazine. Something like Montana Outdoors. And take heart, March is mud season and spring is just down the road. Just watch out for the Grizz...

OP
OP
lcollins

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won't be long ( end of March ) and the shed antler season will be starting ( till end of May ) and the real time to be packing the pistol. That will keep me occupied until the ground thaws and I can start detecting again. Coming soon to a area near you SPRING.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread