My Detecting Friend.

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes detecting is non-existent here in Anaconda. But I did run into my friend The Ringmaster from the " Diggers " show. Probably the only two guys from our small town to make it to big time TV. I know lots of people who don't care for the show and think these guys are hurting the sport/hobby but I like them both and call them friends. They are nothing like what you see on the Diggers show. Come on spring/summer or at least bare ground. The Digger Ringmaster and I..jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
lcollins

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem is they pretty much covered this town from one end to the other when they started detecting 15 years or so ago. Slim pickings for me but I still find enough to keep me happy.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem is they pretty much covered this town from one end to the other when they started detecting 15 years or so ago. Slim pickings for me but I still find enough to keep me happy.

I live in Columbia Falls. When I ask for permission here i always get the story of some old guy that pounded this town for years. Sound like he was disabled and did nothing but detect. Some old houses will produce nothing but new stuff and then every now and then we'll find a yard he didn't get to and find a bunch. I would like to see his collection.

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah - I have found their tokens up at old sites in the forests. Still found good relics, so they didn't get everything. But understand it will be tough in the local towns as they did hit them hard. Also in Deer Lodge some people think bad of detecting when they got access to the prison yard and were not supposed to. Have had multiple people bring this up when I mention I detect.

Can't wait to be back up there and detect after thaw. Already researching more an more areas to try.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah - I have found their tokens up at old sites in the forests. Still found good relics, so they didn't get everything. But understand it will be tough in the local towns as they did hit them hard. Also in Deer Lodge some people think bad of detecting when they got access to the prison yard and were not supposed to. Have had multiple people bring this up when I mention I detect.

Can't wait to be back up there and detect after thaw. Already researching more an more areas to try.
Token?

What, they bury a token after recovering a find?
Like to screw with the next guy?

~Tejaas~

OP
OP
lcollins

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the warning on Deerlodge. I have done the fair grounds arena there and I forgot that they have demo derbies in there. I don't remember finding much except lots of small car parts. Go figure. Looking forward to being able to get out again no matter where it is.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I like those guys and the show too. I don't care for the terminology used on the show. And I'm very jealous that they have hunted areas close to me that I'm not allowed to hunt. But kudos to them for turning their hobby into $$$ and fame!!!

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Token?
What, they bury a token after recovering a find?
Like to screw with the next guy?
~Tejaas~

Yup- They let you know they have already been there. I agree kind of bad form. Sad part in my mind, by leaving the token they are officially littering. I hiked into a old site and first target was their token. I took it out as I pack out trash I find. Thankfully pulled a mid to late 1800's general service button, tons of suspender clips and other great relics. Service button was found only a few feet away from the photo of the one guy with the buckle. This is national forest land so hope they don't get caught doing commercial activity on NF land without a permit. Good thing about their show is they are not around here anymore as much so less competition. I am researching areas to hike into. Don't mind hiking in a few miles to elk hunt or fish, will do the same for detecting. Anything you can drive too has been hit hard by them and others.

OP
OP
lcollins

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thing is there is a yard here in Anaconda where I found one of their $4.00 trade tokens first so I figured that they must have already done this yard. Wrong. I actually found more in that yard than any other yard I have detected here. 1 war nickel, 4 Rosie dimes and 4 wheat pennies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions