Any movie that Robert Duvall had anything to do with.

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Definitely makes the short list (very short list). Love the westerns especially (Lonesome Dove, Open Range and the one with the chinese girls - recent but can't remember the name). :thumbsup:

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dead bears in my front yard

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Yes, Robert Duvall is a great actor.

Waaaaaaay back, the supposed boogey-man, "Boo" Radley in To Kill a Mockingbird

HH
MichiganRob

Attachments

• killmockingbird217.jpg
    killmockingbird217.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 272

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
His Hero status is close to the "Duke", Lonesome Dove..Open Range.. Broken Trail ( I've found gold in that area). Second Hand Lions....and of course the great line in Apocalypse Now......."I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I can't think of any of his that are not on my favs list....he just doesn't make bad movies!

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
GODS AND GENERALS! Not only did he portray Gen Robert E. Lee in this movie, but some of the movie was actually filmed on his Virginia farmland. He has found shells and other artifacts on his land.

Being descended from Robert E. Lee, he can actually trace his family back to President George Washington. Washington himself had no biological children, but his wife, Martha Custis, did, and he adopted them after the death of Martha's first husband. Her son, John Custis, had a son of his own, Washington Custis, whose daughter, Mary Custis, was Robert E. Lee's wife. Interestingly, Duvall played Lee in Gods and Generals (2003), opposite Jeff Daniels, who had played Washington in The Crossing (1990).

In real life, Duvall's father was a Rear Admiral in the U.S. Navy.

Amongst my favorite Duvall movies...........GODFATHER............MASH........................and one of my all time favorites...........COLORS.

--Mel

borninok

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Holy smokes....a walking encyclopedia you are dear friend! lol thanks for sharing with us! ~hugs~

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
LOL....in COLORS, my favorite parts are when he's telling Sean Penn about the two bulls......and then later (after Duvall has been killed just before retirement), Sean Penn tells the bull story to his new rookie partner. Absolute CLASSIC MOVIE.
---Mel

borninok

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I'll put in a vote for Colors, also.... great film.

Realistic depiction of that life in LA.

Surprised all it got was a music award.

rmptr

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
Casull said:
Definitely makes the short list (very short list). Love the westerns especially (Lonesome Dove, Open Range and the one with the chinese girls - recent but can't remember the name). :thumbsup:
The one that had the Chinese girls is Broken Trail. Movie started around the John Day area in Oregon where a lot of gold was found, found some there myself, and had a Chinese doctor there that kept the town going cuz it is in the middle of no where. The doctors house is now a state park. I was talking to a guy from that area and he said that he believes that the "big gold vein" has yet to be found in Canyon City. Canyon City/John Day kinda like 2 towns in one. Anyway loved Broken Trail and watched Second Hand Lion last night. Duvall rocks as an actor

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
Just watched Robert Duvall in an episode of "Combat", where he played an German explosives officer. The episode was called "The Enemy". He had hair !!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions