Me and my other sickness .... er .... uh .... I mean hobby!

SkySgt

Jan 19, 2014
Cibolo, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX (PI) and Garrett Ace 350 (VLF) detectors.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pat Lanclos 2.jpg

When I finally reach my second retirement, I will have all the equipment needed for 24-hour non-stop hobby bliss! Metal Detecting all day and Amateur Astronomy all night!

OP
OP
SkySgt

SkySgt

Jan 19, 2014
Cibolo, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX (PI) and Garrett Ace 350 (VLF) detectors.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually have a third hobby .... Photography!

I have a couple of new Nikon D5000 series cameras. I'm really deep into this one, because my best friend is a professional photographer (www.timelessmomentsphoto.com) .... Always nice to have a professional at your fingertips to learn from!

Best part is that he's let me use his big expensive Nikon lenses that I would not otherwise be able to afford. Friends are good things to have!

Here are several images I have made, of which I am particularly proud (click on each image to see a larger, less grainy version of the image).

Alamo Defenders (Crop).jpg DSC_0033_027.JPG Gumby at Night.jpg Image (342).jpg Meteor Party at Hunter's-17.jpg Meteor Party at Hunter's-3.jpg Fiji Island Banded Iguana.JPG

Last edited:

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are a real good photographer. I have always wanted to stand in front of the Alamo in buckskinner regalia.

mitchellf

Apr 11, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you didnt mention sleep-- do you sleep, or dat not hobby 4 u?:dontknow::laughing7:

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice love gazing at the universe myself.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took my wife stargazing on our first date... after dinner at a restaurant called "The Moonlight" and a nice quiet run to a state park lake. I set up to scopes... a big reflector and a big refractor. She was hooked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions