May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can find songs/artists from all genres of music that I like and dislike. It pretty much depends on my mood and who else is around. Last night I was out and it was rock, a great time. The night before I was home listening to jazz and had a friend over, also a great time. Favorite bands would be Pink Floyd and Enigma.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you named several of my favorite Praise groups! That is the music my church plays! Great band!

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up liking country/western music when country wasn't cool, even owned a beagle named Willie (Nelson). Now days I really enjoy contemporary Christian like Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, Chris Tomlin, etc... KLove is my area station of choice.

OP
OP
Luck Be a Lady

Luck Be a Lady

Dec 21, 2007
Arizona & Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 & ACE 250
j.raud said:
I grew up liking country/western music when country wasn't cool, even owned a beagle named Willie (Nelson).

That is so cool! When I was a kid, my older brother and his girlfriend got a pair of golden retreiver pups, his was Willie and hers was Waylon! I grew up on country too.........

Kathy

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
my very very most favoritester music in the whole world is that made by a Minelab Explorer findin a silver coin in a bunch of trash iron :thumbsup:

it don't get no better than that :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anything but country, religous, opera, seasonal or patriotic music.

Preferences :

Blues, Uncensored Rap, Classic Rock & Oldies.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Ragtime - swing/big band era - R&R (pop) up to '67

Country/western from Jimmy Rodgers time to the present.

I have about 10,000 on cassettes from all of the above.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Hard rock, heavy metal, glam metal....I used to play in a metal band years ago. My moms got a picture of me taken when I was 5 years old, dressed up like a cowboy, holding a little plastic guitar. On the back of the pic is written " someday he'll be a famous country & western singer". She's also got a pic of me taken when I was 24 years old, on stage, wearing leather, make-up, with long teased out hair, playing lead guitar in a metal band. On the back of the pic is written......"Oh well". :tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still my Favorite Since I saw him do it in Philly

& Who can forget

Mademoiselle Nobs

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only saw the Wall concert by Floyd.

Would have liked to see their early stuff
up to & including Animals

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I guess Im a bit of a freak here, I was member of KISS ARMY in the mid 70's & I guess thats where it started for me. I loved Black Sabbath & early Ozzy, Dio. Anything heavy & hard always made my boat float. Living in Los Angeles through the late 80's & the 90's was a great place to be then........KNAC 105.5 Pure Rock, the 1st radio station in the world to play Metallica & Iron Maiden, countless concerts & killer shows in the small venues & bars in Hollywood. I saw far too many huge bands to recount but am proud to say I witnessed the magic of Dimebag & Pantera 12 times! RIP Darrell! I'll hang my head in shame & put on some Willie Nelson now..........please dont hurt me. :'(

Jeff......Robin Trower was a demi-god! He never got the credit he always deserved! :thumbsup:

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Mighty AP said:
I guess Im a bit of a freak here, I was member of KISS ARMY in the mid 70's & I guess thats where it started for me. I loved Black Sabbath & early Ozzy, Dio. Anything heavy & hard always made my boat float. Living in Los Angeles through the late 80's & the 90's was a great place to be then........KNAC 105.5 Pure Rock, the 1st radio station in the world to play Metallica & Iron Maiden, countless concerts & killer shows in the small venues & bars in Hollywood. I saw far too many huge bands to recount but am proud to say I witnessed the magic of Dimebag & Pantera 12 times! RIP Darrell! I'll hang my head in shame & put on some Willie Nelson now..........please dont hurt me. :'(

Jeff......Robin Trower was a demi-god! He never got the credit he always deserved! :thumbsup:

I guess I'm a freak too! Dimebag was the most talented guitarist I ever heard....and Pantera was magical I must agree! Dimebags murder was totally senseless. The world lost a good person that day. I never saw Pantera but I've got all the cd's...I did see Kiss 11 times along with Judas Priest, Metallica, Slaughter, WASP, and a lot of others I can't remember (must be gettin' old :icon_scratch:)

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Like some else said, depends on the mood...sometimes country, sometimes blues, sometimes rock'n'roll, pre-beatles...But I like classical music and tribal flutes also...I grew up on fifties country, Patsy Cline, Hank Williams, Jim Ed Brown, The Carter Family...Mama loved it and Big band...Benny Goodman,Glenn Miller and Artie Shaw...
The other types of music that have been mentioned, hard rock, rap and metal, have had their place in my life, but no longer...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread