warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
EddieR said:
Mighty AP said:
I guess Im a bit of a freak here, I was member of KISS ARMY in the mid 70's & I guess thats where it started for me. I loved Black Sabbath & early Ozzy, Dio. Anything heavy & hard always made my boat float. Living in Los Angeles through the late 80's & the 90's was a great place to be then........KNAC 105.5 Pure Rock, the 1st radio station in the world to play Metallica & Iron Maiden, countless concerts & killer shows in the small venues & bars in Hollywood. I saw far too many huge bands to recount but am proud to say I witnessed the magic of Dimebag & Pantera 12 times! RIP Darrell! I'll hang my head in shame & put on some Willie Nelson now..........please dont hurt me. :'(

Jeff......Robin Trower was a demi-god! He never got the credit he always deserved! :thumbsup:

I guess I'm a freak too! Dimebag was the most talented guitarist I ever heard....and Pantera was magical I must agree! Dimebags murder was totally senseless. The world lost a good person that day. I never saw Pantera but I've got all the cd's...I did see Kiss 11 times along with Judas Priest, Metallica, Slaughter, WASP, and a lot of others I can't remember (must be gettin' old :icon_scratch:)

The most talented guitarist?Have you ever heard Spade Cooley or Chet Akins or Duane Eddy?

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
warsawdaddy said:
EddieR said:
Mighty AP said:
I guess Im a bit of a freak here, I was member of KISS ARMY in the mid 70's & I guess thats where it started for me. I loved Black Sabbath & early Ozzy, Dio. Anything heavy & hard always made my boat float. Living in Los Angeles through the late 80's & the 90's was a great place to be then........KNAC 105.5 Pure Rock, the 1st radio station in the world to play Metallica & Iron Maiden, countless concerts & killer shows in the small venues & bars in Hollywood. I saw far too many huge bands to recount but am proud to say I witnessed the magic of Dimebag & Pantera 12 times! RIP Darrell! I'll hang my head in shame & put on some Willie Nelson now..........please dont hurt me. :'(

Jeff......Robin Trower was a demi-god! He never got the credit he always deserved! :thumbsup:

I guess I'm a freak too! Dimebag was the most talented guitarist I ever heard....and Pantera was magical I must agree! Dimebags murder was totally senseless. The world lost a good person that day. I never saw Pantera but I've got all the cd's...I did see Kiss 11 times along with Judas Priest, Metallica, Slaughter, WASP, and a lot of others I can't remember (must be gettin' old :icon_scratch:)

The most talented guitarist?Have you ever heard Spade Cooley or Chet Akins or Duane Eddy?

Of course Ive heard of them, all very influentual & top notch axe-men in their day. Not my style however, Diamond Darrell's style spoke to me & countless millions of others. He has influenced more kids to nag their parents til they finaly broke down & bought Junior a cheap guitar & amp than any other guitarist. He changed the metal music scene. I know most of you dont care for the genre & have never heard the great diversity he displayed in his music, but he could do things that nobody could duplicate. And maybe never will. In my oppinion he was the most talented, he just played music that wasnt mainstream & too many people will never hear the magic he created.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
warsawdaddy said:
EddieR said:
Mighty AP said:

I wasn't meaning any disrespect toward any guitarists....the guys you named are a totally different genre of music. Chet Atkins, Roy Clark, Duane Eddy....those guys are awesome in their style of music. I'm a more technical player, and that is what I listen for in music. Metal in the late 80's and early 90's got incredibly technical, and that is what I personally like. No disrespect toward anyone else or other types of music...I'm just talking from a musicians point of view. Dimebag Darrell was the epitome of guitarmanship....to me.

Someone else that blows my mind is Michael Angelo Batio. Fastest player I ever heard. Go to YouTube and search for MichaelAngel Batio ....Speed Lives...No Boundaries

Steve_UK

Dec 5, 2007
Midlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Blues.... Real Blues....

Like this guy plays ... :thumbsup:

Attachments

• seasick steve.jpg
    seasick steve.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 160

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 19, 2007
born in 3 sisters, tx. now living west of tilden
Detector(s) used
X-Terra70, X-Terra 50, Ace250, Ace150, GTI 1500,GTA 1000 Ultra, Tejon, Vaquero
Types of music:
#1...Country & Western <1940~2009>
#2...Doo Wop
#3...Early Rock~N~Roll
#4...Blues
#5...Gospel
#6...R&B
#7...Blue Grass
#8...Rock~N~Roll <70's~80's~90's>
#9...Disco

Singers:
Bill Anderson, Ernest Tubbs, Ray Price, Johnny Cash, Chris Ledoux, Ricky Van Shelton, Gene Chandler, Jay Black, Jerry Butler, Johnny Cymbal, Little Anthony, Paul Anka just to name a few of the singers as of 6-20-2009 i have 35,671 songs in my collection and it is still growing.

Dave

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost everything, as long as there is at least one talented person playing or singing. Mainly older Blues, Rock. Old, dead people Country.
By the way, I seriously love your avatar. Do not change it, or I will cry. :o
Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread