Juthro Tull Rocks .........Classic Rock Rules........

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a big classic rock fan, I was lucky enough to see some of the classic rock singers and bands live at a time in my life where I could really enjoy the show, young, single, festival seating, mild altering and so on. :wink:

Got to see live, Janis Joplin in 68, Hendrex in 69, Ike And Tina Turner Revue in 1971, front Row for Stones in 1975, with in first 10 rows for Mountain, REO early and later on , Jeff beck, Johnny and Edgar Winter together, Bad Company, Aerosmith, ZZ TOP, Lynyrd Skynyrd twice, (last time 2 days before crash) Rod Stewart in 1973 with faces and again in 1993. Saw an unknow female singer in a bar by the name of Pat Benatar, Meat Loaf live in a bar in St Louis, saw Zepplin in 1977, and many more.........

I have been lucky enough to see Tull live 3 times twice in the 1970's once in the early 90's, 70's was in the first 10 rows (festival seating) and what a show they put on...............
First time I saw Tull was in 1972, they had released the album "Thick As A Brick" and was on tour for it, the encore that nightwas the entire Aqualung album............

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
a blast from the past! been a long time since I thought about that band. oh the memories.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You saw some great shows for sure!! I saw Tull at Madison Square Garden for the release of Thick as a Brick. They played it for nearly 90 minutes and after the song Ian Anderson said, "And now for our second number; needless to say the crowd went WILD :headbang: The opening act was Genesis, no better show ever! I too, have seen a great many shows in NYC in the Academy of Music and the Filmore East!. I was also at Woodstock for the first afternoon and saw 3 performances, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Richie Havens, and I forgot the 3rd. I had to go back to the Boy Scout camp I was working at that summer of "69"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread