spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little taste of Jethro Tull, a different kind of rock band with great songs that have meaning. Ian was once asked, "why play the flute in a rock band"? His reply was that he heard some chap Eric Clapton play the guitar so he switched ;D Ian can surely handle both instruments with no problem.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Yes Ian Anderson was somethin else, I always loved his voice. I heard a story years ago, Jethro was recording "Aqualung" at the same time & in the same studio that Zeppelin was recording their 4th album. Guitarist Martin Barre was needing inspiration so he walked around to the other side of the studio & watched Jimmy Page record several versions of the now famous solo on "Stairway to Heaven". He said it was magical to witness, full of inspiration he then went to his own side of the studio & recorded the awesome solo on "Aqualung" the same evening. Dont know if its true or not, think it was an interview with Ian on the radio that I heard. Jethro Tull was one of the great bands of my time.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
Guitarist Martin Barre was needing inspiration so he walked around to the other side of the studio & watched Jimmy Page record several versions of the now famous solo on "Stairway to Heaven". He said it was magical to witness, full of inspiration he then went to his own side of the studio & recorded the awesome solo on "Aqualung" the same evening. Dont know if its true or not, think it was an interview with Ian on the radio that I heard. Jethro Tull was one of the great bands of my time.

The only problem I have with the story is that Martin Barre was not there when Jimmy Page stole that song from another artist. :laughing9: Led Zep for the first few years stole music from various artists and never gave proper credit for the original song. As for Stairway to Heaven, Zep did little to hide the original song, they just wrote great lyrics to it :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread