MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Re: Best Thought About Today's Music

With record labels like "Disturbing the Peace"... it's a wonder they still call a lot of todays noise "music".

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon

Marc said:
With record labels like "Disturbing the Peace"... it's a wonder they still call a lot of todays noise "music".

The funny thing is that every generation said that about the new music at the time. Classical said that about Jazz. Jazz (my parents) said that about Rock. Rock says that about Rap.
How many parents were shocked to hear Black Sabbath in the late 60's ? Seems milder today.

Having said that, I can't believe that today's Rap will endure like Rock from the 60's-80's has.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Saturna said:
The funny thing is that every generation said that about the new music at the time. Classical said that about Jazz. Jazz (my parents) said that about Rock. Rock says that about Rap.
How many parents were shocked to hear Black Sabbath in the late 60's ? Seems milder today.

Having said that, I can't believe that today's Rap will endure like Rock from the 60's-80's has.

I agree to a certain point. So far the music from the 60's-80's has had a much longer shelf live than the music preceding it. I don't consider rap music, but we just have to wait and see how long it lasts. Hopefully not too much longer.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Omg warsawdaddy, there's some excellent music being made today. Like that one out by...I don't remember his name but it's killer. And that other one that if I could hum it you would immediately say " Oh I know her song". I kinda liked Jerry Lee Lewis "Mean old Man". John Fogerty ain't dead yet, so we might get a couple pretty good tunes comin out in the future.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd think you be surprised on how many 18-25 year olds listen to music from the 50's,60's and the 70's,I saw this poll in a music store here in Austin(the store still sells LP's) and they did a poll/test and let kids from those ages download music from those years and allot of kids really liked the 50's,they said it was simple and it had good guitar licks and a horn section.
I myself love classical music it helps me to sleep and is great background music and I love Bluegrass,Rock and early R&B.We have a guy that comes on a K-UT 90.5 on Saturday nights and his show is called Twine Time and he plays music from the 50' and 60's only and it's the #1 show in town. :hello2: :headbang:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Right Produce Guy. My 21 year old daughter is nuts about Led Zeppellin and thinks Robert Plant is some kinda god. So she hates it when I play Dred Zeppellin and Tortelvis. (Nobody here knows those guys, but it Led Zep music with a reggae arrangement and an Elvis impersonator lead singer. It works.)

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST

I myself am not too far out of the 25 year old age group, but I can't explain what happened to music recently. Even as recent as 2002-2004 there was some decent music being produced. Now it is all voice synthesizers and filters. I do agree that the music from the 50's-80's and even some of the 90's was much better than what is played now. I enjoy a very broad spectrum of music personally from The Temptations, and Sam Cooke, to Zeppelin and Sabbath, to Alice in Chains and Candlebox. Rap music has changed just as drastically, though I don't listen to it anymore, there was a time in the late 90's when it had it's place, but now its all the studio generated T-pain sounding stuff, and I just can't handle it. Just my opinions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread