Music haters?

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Had to laugh in my earlier topic involving belief when I made a comment saying I hated country music. I got a nasty PM telling me I was a no good son-of-a-dog and that I should reside in hell. This after I said I did not believe in heaven or hell. This same person did not take offense to my hating rap, only country. They did not appreciate my ability to hate equally I guess.

Now it's music's turn. I happen to feel uninterested in music. I don't hate it, but have no interest and do not ever listen to it if given an option. Have never purchased a record or tape or cassette, etc. Most music is annoying noise to me. The only thing I listen to on the radio is news and sports talk shows. I don't hate music except for the nasal and whining country and the grotesque rap variety. Those I do hate. Everything else is just white noise to me.

Anybody feel uninspired by music?

Old Town

K

Kentucky Kache

I just want to make it clear that it wasn't me who sent the PM. What you believe and what you like is up to you.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate people that make hateful comments like the one you got.. Ooops, wrong topic...

Music is all a matter of personal taste. If there was one country song and one rap song I liked, then I would have 2 songs to talk about in each of those genres :laughing7: Overall I like to listen to most types of music and the genre will depend on my mood at the time.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
ok, I fully understood what you were asking un you're other thread and I really don't have any thought for or against it, you just stated your opinion and asked if anyone was like minded they could raise their hand. On this topic I only half agree with you tho, I do like country but I hate (c)rap, don't hold it against- well against half of me anyway :laughing7:. However, I did get a kick out of an article I read about a year or two ago stating some "gangsta" rappers were complaining about people downloading their music for free meaning they stole it, the irony was not lost on me.

OP
OP
Old Town

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Kentucky Kache said:
I just want to make it clear that it wasn't me who sent the PM. What you believe and what you like is up to you.

Absolutely not the Kache Man. We may not like each other much but the framer is usually a gentleman even if he is only a framer. LOL

OT

K

Kentucky Kache

Old Town said:
Kentucky Kache said:

Absolutely not the Kache Man. We may not like each other much but the framer is usually a gentleman even if he is only a framer. LOL

OT

Okay, for THAT you get a nasty PM. ;D

OP
OP
Old Town

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Tony66, isn't it funny to watch the gangsta's act all corporate once they make a pile of cash legitimately? Now they become The Man. Such irony.

Should say I do not mind a Strauss waltz and some other classical stuff even if I can't name pieces. Still, given a choice, I'll always take silence. I like to be alone with my thoughts. Music is mostly annoying to me.

OT

OP
OP
Old Town

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
KKashe, a few days ago I wrote a few short paragraphs on Florida framing techniques with deference to hurricane wind strength. Stuff about cross-wiring inside the walls like you see on bi-plane wings and reinforced corners and such. Spent an hour putting it together and hit SEND. Thing would not feed and I lost the whole work.

I'm on a slow air connection and have such trouble once in a while. Will gather my strength later and try it again. You might dig it if you are not familiar with Florida code and common sense.

Call it a framing story for framers everywhere.

OT

K

Kentucky Kache

Old Town said:
KKashe, a few days ago I wrote a few short paragraphs on Florida framing techniques with deference to hurricane wind strength. Stuff about cross-wiring inside the walls like you see on bi-plane wings and reinforced corners and such. Spent an hour putting it together and hit SEND. Thing would not feed and I lost the whole work.

I'm on a slow air connection and have such trouble once in a while. Will gather my strength later and try it again. You might dig it if you are not familiar with Florida code and common sense.

Call it a framing story for framers everywhere.

OT

Cool. Sounds like something I would read.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I'm a Rock drummer,and like a lot of things from ABBA to ZZtop...so i guess i'll just mosey on along the trail now ah huh! :laughing9:

OP
OP
Old Town

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Dano Sverige said:
I'm a Rock drummer,and like a lot of things from ABBA to ZZtop...so i guess i'll just mosey on along the trail now ah huh! :laughing9:

Dano, ABBA?

I'd rather stick a gun in my ear and listen to that just once than be killed slowly by ABBA.

OT

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town said:
Dano Sverige said:

Dano, ABBA?

I'd rather stick a gun in my ear and listen to that just once than be killed slowly by ABBA.

OT

You had to know one of us was going to do it........

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, in my personal opinion RAP isn't even true music, they just left off the letter "C" at the start. It's not singing it's just talking with bad background music...........

Now this is singing................This is true Soul Music........

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sigh, I love to watch my music, especailly when it is wriggled nicely by char or Abby lane & Javier Cugart.

What country music can compare to these? sigh

Line forms on the right.

Old town I challenge you to listen to and not like this, it fits the lonely sea nicely. -->

Don Jose de La Mancha

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I am not a "country" fan by any means *BUT* for some odd reason, I think Old Town will 'feel' this one:) I mean, who CAN'T feel a dang good Patsy Tune?!
Now I'm gonna go crank a few Clash tunes...see ya:)

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town, I'm pretty sure you not being interested in music is because you have no soul. Just a guess. :dontknow:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
DigginThePast said:
Old Town said:
Dano Sverige said:

Dano, ABBA?

OT

You had to know one of us was going to do it........

Ah my mothers favourite song.We played it at her funeral 3 weeks ago.It's her Birthday today.Thanks for the memories!

ABBA were the first ever "supergroup".
They pioneered the "music video".
They've sold 375 million records,making them the 4th highest selling in the history of recorded music!
They STILL sell 2-3 million records per year!
Their music is played all around the world DAILY!

Credit where credit is due folks! I doubt any of us would turn down the chance of getting just 1 years payments of their "royalties"?
Besides...Agnetha(the blonde) was my first ever "crush".Even looking back now she can still make all my important bits palpitate! So they are a legend,deal with it!! :tongue3:

OP
OP
Old Town

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
CrazySlasher said:
Old Town, I'm pretty sure you not being interested in music is because you have no soul. Just a guess. :dontknow:

Slasher, you're pretty close. Now PM me the details of your own personal Illustrated Man. I'm dying to know the culprit and what happened.

OT

K

Kentucky Kache

Dano Sverige said:
Ah my mothers favourite song.We played it at her funeral 3 weeks ago.It's her Birthday today.Thanks for the memories!

Dano, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I know the pain of loosing someone you love.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread