Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Van Halen I saw them in concert with David lee Roth...then a few years later with Sammy Hagar. Eddie was on fire! back in the day.Ed is what inspired me to step away from the bass...and go with six strings! :headbang:
Angus is great. Rik Emmit of Triumph. SRV. all of ozzy's ax slingers.
Hendrix.
Bonamassa.
And SRV's idol....Eric Johnson. Listen to "Cliffs of Dover"

lets not forget Mark Knopfler...solo and of course with Dire Straits. He is so talented the great Chet Atkins made an album with him.
Holy thread revival..batman!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm an old timer. I grew up on country and western, early rock and roll. I've listened to a lot of guitar players in my time. To me, some of the greatest guitar that I've heard was from the old timers like Hank Snow. (Some of you may not of even heard of him!) I like a lot of the modern players too; but don't care to listen to them because of what they play. They're great players, no doubt about that; but I just don't care for the type of music they play. I like at least a little of just about every type of music that I've heard. Now rap is another story! Some of the later guitarists that I liked were SRV, and a lot of others that aren't around now and a lot that are still here like Eric Clapton. There are a lot of different musical instruments that like to hear also; but that's another story!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked Clapton when he was with cream, john mayhal better then his solo stuff

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mark knophler without question. anyone disputing this is subject to a time out ( read the rules)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeh Ritchie Blackmore!!
There are just to many!!
I have 5,000 albums...most of them now on I tunes...every time I put it on shuffle....Wait.. who was that?
Rewind.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeh Ritchie Blackmore!!
There are just to many!!
I have 5,000 albums...most of them now on I tunes...every time I put it on shuffle....Wait.. who was that?
Rewind.
I know what you mean.... I use Slacker radio when I am in my vehicles... I have 38 playlists at this time. Drove from Orlando to Hilton Head Island SC on a single playlist, no commercials...LOL...

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pssssh, best?? That's like trying to name a flavor of ice cream I don't like! Here's a few that seem to have flown under the radar

ok these guys, maybe not "lead guitarists" but certainly feel like they have a place among "the best"

OK...not saying Prince is neccassarily among the best, just highly underrated as I think he shows here. Starts around 3:25 for impatient types

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold Maven, not my kind of music; but she's darned goood!!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another one that's been gone for just a little while that I liked quite a bit of his music: Gary Moore.

VernonWalter

Apr 23, 2014
Tejas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the record, yep, Eddie ranks right up among the most innovative to touch a guitar, but even he can't match the real father of modern guitar, Les Paul, who could blaze with speed and beauty that nearly nobody can touch.

Modern era? Buckethead. He's better than anybody in any genre because he can play everything and anything. Paul Gilbert was his instructor and I'd venture to say Buckethead has surpassed him. Ozzy tried to hire him once but felt he was "too weird," which is kind of saying something.

Oh, and if you're into Eddie, then go educate yourself on the guy who makes Eddie look like a chump based on pure talent and execution - Stanley Jordan. There'd be no Stanley without Eddie, that's true...just like no SRV without Jimi, and none of 'em without Les Paul, who basically invented modern recording just so he could be an even more awesome guitar god :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread