spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were a decent band, but I was never a real fan of their music. I rather listen to Boston...

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just comparing sounds and thrillathahunt knows it.. As a matter of fact both thrillathahunt's and my taste for music is similar for the most part.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nazareth is another band I could live without, not into heavy metal..

So yeah, it's all about me when it comes to music... And everything else for that matter :laughing9:

I will admit that I like Nazareth's Whiskey Drinkin' Woman Now that is good blues :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked Hi Infidelity

But disliked REO Live.

Tried 3 times to like them Live.
just never sounded right in concert.

Just like aerosmith, They needed a Studio to fix their sound

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never saw them live back in the day...but did see them a couple years ago and ...yes they just didn't quite bring it like they used to. Gettin old I guess. :dontknow:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt, I don't think it pays to see the bands of yesteryear anymore.. They had their moment and most bands will be missing an important element to their show.. Whether a primary group member was replaced, or the vocals are no longer there.

I would think the only 2 groups I would see today are the Stones and Cream. God only knows what is keeping these Stones upright :laughing7: Cream's Jack Bruce still has a great voice too, and musically Cream has their act together.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I don't think it pays to see bands of yesteryear anymore"

Especially when certain bands are getting top dollar for their shows! The wife wants to go see Van Halen in June, but I can almost guarantee I will be disappointed.... at $100 a head too.

Niostalgia is not dead I guess. :tongue3:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not just nostalgia... Older bands had great music, you would have several great songs on just one album and maybe 1-2 that you didn't care for. Today's groups maybe have 1-2 good songs and he rest is crap :laughing7:

Take Jethro Tull, one of my all time favorites... They will tour this year for the 40th anniversary of Thick as a Brick.. I saw the original tour in NYC MSG and Genesis opened for them.. After Tull played Thick as a brick for over an hour, Ian announced.. And now for our second number :headbang: What a concert :thumbsup:

I know that Ian's voice isn't what it once was, but musically they are great. I am wondering what Thick As A Brick II will sound like.. I guess we will have to see how they work the music around Ian's dwindling vocal talent.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm waitin for the day when we have the reunion tour of the great 'your favorite band name here' composed of members who once saw the original group in concert, or maybe even bought their albums once. That day will come. Cover bands who can charge more cause they own the original band name.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN< It's already here! A few months ago I went and saw Rain in concert......cause I was too young to go see the Beatles live... ;D I also hear there is a Led Zepplin cover band out now doing pretty good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread