Folks, Sam Cooke...Bring it on home to me.....

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Like a few others on the forum I'm a bit of a music nut....I guess Jeff and Spart would fall in that category also among others.

Being shut down for the season I'm sifting through some music I enjoy...I tend to like pretty much everything but the gritty rock and roll and blues pop up pretty high on my list.

Here's one by Sam Cooke - Bring it on home to me from the Harlem Square Club which was done live and released after his death....this was much more gritty/earthy than the mainstream records he recorded for the radio....enjoy!

Regards + HH

Bill

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Song, Good Singer, doesn't get much play these days

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
And this one "Nearer to Thee" was recorded before his 'popular songs'. This is 'raw' Sam
and beautiful. If you have 8+ minutes, give it a play. I remember the day, in 1964, while living in LA, I heard on the radio that Sam had been shot to death by a motel manager in South LA. What a waste of pure talent--a sad day--for us all.
Don.....PS: Best heard loud, without bothering anyone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don,

Great tune and thanks for sharing.....a lot of the early Rock and Rollers got their start/grounding in gospel....along with the Blues artists such as Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf, John Lee Hooker, etc.....the early British rockers ate this stuff up and came back with the British invasion based in large part on these artists.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread