spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great song from the past, but there is also something very interesting about this song I just learned and will pass along to you.

This song was produced by Joe Meeks, an electronics wiz, that is completely tone deaf. Add to that, this was probably recorded in his flat, not a studio, that was above a leather shop. :tongue3: Yeah, it appears he spared no expense in his recordings:laughing7:

He had several hits, but what is still amazing is that his recordings weren't made in a professional studio and yet he had a great sound. Picture him today in a state of the art studio :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now that's an irritating song imo

add to that the woman on the drums just doesn't fit
except when she flaps her wings :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it did fit in with the times.. Actually she is a better drummer than that guy you had yesterday :laughing7: Even though they were dubbing the performance, she never lost a beat. Can't say that about your guy yesterday, he was trying to hit every drum to find a beat :tongue3:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for her bio, that was some interesting reading :thumbsup: I'll have to agree, I'm not into female drummers either for some reason, especially Karen Carpenter, although she could sing a bit :tongue3:

What was interesting was to see by the time they had their hit, the music scene was already changing and they were a bit behind. I think it's just those changes that made the whole 60's come alive.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the whole 60's London Beat was odd to my ears.

I did like most of what I heard, but it also fell under the Disposable one hit wonders,
like todays music
for me.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread