Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Preach on brother man...

Spart, name your price, I will pay any ransom for your membership.

Crispin

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some questions.
1. you have like a MILLION posts. have any of them ever been serious?
2. What does this have to do with the topic in which it was posted?
3. What color is the sky in your world?

Last edited:
OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Critical, I have just over 10,000 post and that is no where near a million. And yes, if one looks and understands what the message is you may walk away with something, so they are serious in a humorous manner

As far as this pertains to the 2nd amendment, it fits right in. Apparently, many here only want to hear one side of a story and that is sad. If you dare post a thought, idea, or opinion that goes against ones belief, then yes..

You only want to hear one side of the story.

Got it now :dontknow: :laughing7:

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Critical, I have just over 10,000 post and that is no where near a million. And yes, if one looks and understands what the message is you may walk away with something, so they are serious in a humorous manner

As far as this pertains to the 2nd amendment, it fits right in. Apparently, many here only want to hear one side of a story and that is sad. If you dare post a thought, idea, or opinion that goes against ones belief, then yes..

You only want to hear one side of the story.

Got it now :dontknow: :laughing7:

ok. Understood.
Thank you.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, by the way, I'm not anti gun either. Nor are many of the other people that reply to these threads.

Then again, I'm not your super patriot either. I have no need to beat my chest and yell over the next person to make a point. Nor will I will I be a windbag, I keep it short and sweet.

Funny, but every time I ask who's going to the rally in DC, none reply; they will be too busy making excuses why they can't make it. If you are a super patriot, then it's your duty to be there. You want to talk the talk, walk, the walk :icon_thumright:

Was this more serious for you?

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, by the way, I'm not anti gun either. Nor are many of the other people that reply to these threads.

Then again, I'm not your super patriot either. I have no need to beat my chest and yell over the next person to make a point. Nor will I will I be a windbag, I keep it short and sweet.

Funny, but every time I ask who's going to the rally in DC, none reply; they will be too busy making excuses why they can't make it. If you are a super patriot, then it's your duty to be there. You want to talk the talk, walk, the walk :icon_thumright:

Was this more serious for you?

I lost most of my hearing, my face and my right eye for our right to pursue just that.
And I have "marched" and "protested" my ass off.
However my medical condition and paying alimony and child support dictates that I have to use vacation time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry for your condition and understand circumstances that can prevent you from from this. Then again, you are just one of the smaller and perhaps more reasonable people that will discuss an issue.

Funny to see the thread moved, especially when it's on the topic of the 2nd amendment :tongue3:

Maybe comprehension is not a learned thing :laughing7:

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny to see the thread moved, especially when it's on the topic of the 2nd amendment :tongue3:
:

Yeah, i just noticed that.

Whatever, it doesn't change the fact that we can discuss it.

You know, I was more "granola" about things. Then I joined the military two weeks out of High School. I was kind of a ****up in school. (even though I read and wrote at a college level in the 4th grade, I was always kind of "rebellious") This showed in my grades.
Anyway, other than community, college was out of the question.
The military offered an option for education and the chance to serve my country.

I joined.
long story short, I served 12 years. 8 of them in "combat zones" in two theaters.
And I saw firsthand that inanimate objects were less responsible for carnage than the resolve of those using them and tyranny of people in positions of power.
I saw people chopped up and then executed because their flavor of Islam didn't match the one of those with the guns. (after, of course excuses were made to disarm them).

And I see it happening here soon.

I see three distinct groups of people bleating for "gun control"

1. Those who are abusing a position of power and fear an object that can level the playing field.
2. Those that do fear that which they do not understand.
3. Those that are so politically indoctrinated that they will just go along with the above two.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey C.R.,thanks for your service. Hope you score pleasant surprises detecting.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey C.R.,thanks for your service. Hope you score pleasant surprises detecting.
Thank you sir, but it was my recruiters fault. :D
have only been able to start dirtfishing again a few years ago, but I got the bug when I was a kid.

Mostly clad, I have gotten some silver and some mid 1800s stuff...
Waiting for the ground to thaw. :)

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Critical, I think there may be many more levels such as my

#4 Those that want to see guns going into the right hands
#5 Those that believe having a 10 round limit may reduce additional carnage

Anyone can feel free to add their opinion Unlike others, I'm always open for a good discussion. :icon_thumright:

I think in the music forum we can discuss this in an appropriate manner, without interference :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Critical, here is a song just for you. Sometimes besides humor, a story can be told in song, like many were years ago. Phil is one of the best artists out there to tell a story, with meaning, in song.

I hope you listen to it all the way through.

Maybe then you and others will see how other people think as well :icon_thumright:

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Spartacus.
I am making this comment so that i canfind thi s tomorrow.
I am prettty medicate dnow and have to catch some sleep, but i shall check this in the AM.

Cheers.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
C.R. waiting on thaw here too. Low 40s maybe tomorrow.
Spart, the right heads more than hands for me. Capacity not an answer here either. multiple weapons and effective rate of fire an issue too. A single shot break action can be cycled repetitively,how much time we trying to buy?. Then the existing stock out and about,while if sales cut off its just going to be slight inconvenience to locate. Multiple magazines change quick. One round at wrong target too many. Its the mind set,i,m not saying abusers legally insane. Morally yes.
Getting rid of the mindset a gun and using it on innocents is conceivable should be number one. Till then getting shot for trying or knowing that is priority all i see right now.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
releventchair, I couldn't agree with you more, but we have to start in an earnest discussion somewhere.

You see the more a topic is discussed, new ideas will appear, that is if they are not shot down, or boohooed from the beginning. Those that like to gang up and start the name calling are the first people I'd like to see evaluated :laughing7: You're also right on the morals call, but that will be a situation unto itself, but again, we must start somewhere :icon_thumright:

What changes, if any, will be acceptable to the majority?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Not saying comparing our country to another is the answer,don,t like doing it but an article in last sunday press covered i think Romania's blood feuds.
Families keeping their kids out of school and out of public do to(i don,t want to run numbers,one estimate of 500 families) revenge killings. No longer a male only thing. Any way some thing around 20, or 25 yrs in prison if convicted for killing. Now they are or were working on doubling time.
One young male when finally allowed out of home,area,got an "assault"type rifle(yep,a black market there too) and lost control with it involving others besides his victim. Its not unique to us. The weapons are not going away. For my part i keep most secured. (Side note an friend just had all his stolen )
Penalties don,t matter to many. For the non suicidal criminals here its auto extra 5 yrs i think. just for having a gun in a crime. Bumping that up to 20 would in theory have less used in crimes. i don,t like theory for that,criminals would be the ones to ask. The argument of doing sentenced time instead of getting released early needs to be reviewed to. Guns are a nasty cheat in crime,should be rewarded in a fashion to make it undesirable to criminals. As for changing what non criminals are doing/owning,other than making any guns not in their immediate possession secure i have not found away to reduce others abuses.
I don,t own mega capacity mags or drums,(yet, none planned at moment)its not personal,just don,t see how it would reduce criminal use. Instead of street cred.when some one gets out,they don,t get out.
When a banger or criminal (all)know the law has teeth and having a gun means bye,bye, looong time.with out even firing a
shot
It works. Lets see it tried and kept studied accurately. Find where its not worth it to have or use. It is not going to stop all,but

Should reduce kids wanting them for crime. Teen o.k.,bye,bye that gun gonna cost you,long time.

If all guns were called in from legal civilians it may reduce their use by criminals a very small percentage.
With the resources and funding through crime and the numbers of guns world wide,the breach would be filled.
Idon,t want to know if i could score an r.p.g. tonight.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent Video Spart !

But I think the words were just as important :thumbsup:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I agree, as a matter of fact in both videos the words speak volumes. As far as the first video, it has the most important lyrics when it comes to discussing the second amendment rights. Yes, there are 2 sides to a story, all stories have two sides and you should listen to both before.

This is why I posted it on the 2ND AMENDMENT forum, where it BELONGS. After all we will be discussing that issue in full detail. Unless of course, this topic is important enough to be in EVERY forum. I have no problem with that either.

The purpose of the video was to change my posting style from one of humor in which I normally make a point. As you can see, I can also make a strong point through song. There is no way to misunderstand the meaning of the song, when I SPELL IT OUT either in post #4.

I enjoy making people think, and I thought this was an entertaining way into a discussion, which you can see it really is :icon_thumright: Unfortunately, some just want to hear 1 side of the story, so it gets removed.

Therefore, I think it belongs in the 2nd Amendment forum accordingly :icon_thumright:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I came...i saw..i left without saying much. There's something that doesn't happen a lot! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions