Who Still Has Their Concert Ticket Stubs?? Heres All Mine!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Re: Who Still Has Their Concert Ticket Stubs?? Here's All Mine!

bigfish31 said:
Hollowpointred... some PRS customs sell for $50,000 or more! His dagon model is incredible! I have a 10 top 22 model he gave me. its worth about $3,500.

i know i know ::) pretty stupid of me huh! i don't think this one was going to be assembled by Paul reed himself, but even so, it would have at least been worth $1000 or so. oh well.......live and learn. ::)

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star

I never did get to see Zepplin. I have seen Robert Plant & Jimmy Page together and by themselves. I was actually standing in line over night at the capital center for tickets to Zepplin for the "In Through The Out Door " album tour, when John Bonham died on September 25, 1980.

Me being a huge Zeppelin fan. My brother gave me 2 tickets for the cancelled show. He got them in the mail
4 days before they announced John Bonhams death. At the time pre-sale tickets were mail in only. He never did
return them for a refund, He gave them to me a few years ago.

I could tell you stories about Page and Plant, I met them both on many occasions here in Cleveland

ZoSo71

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow,all those Capital Center stubbs reminds me of when I was a kid in Oxon Hill.I saw my very first concert there at the age of 10 or 11,it was Zeppelin in '77 or '78,I forget which.Then my second concert was a KISS concert a few months later.My uncle used to work the shows there,he lived in Suitland.I wish I would of held on to all my stubs.I went to alot of the shows you did.May have even passed you a joint back then,ha-ha.Yea,I started young but I quit years ago.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rtde3 said:
diggummup said:
Wow,all those Capital Center stubbs reminds me of when I was a kid in Oxon Hill.I saw my very first concert there at the age of 10 or 11,it was Zeppelin in '77 or '78,I forget which.Then my second concert was a KISS concert a few months later.My uncle used to work the shows there,he lived in Suitland.I wish I would of held on to all my stubs.I went to alot of the shows you did.May have even passed you a joint back then,ha-ha.Yea,I started young but I quit years ago.

That's funny Digg! I bet we were standing in the same beer line at some of these shows! ;D Small world!
Nah,I doubt it.I was only a kid back then.Like I said I started young,grew up fast,learned what not to do by the time I was 18. :)

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Wow...what a collection of stubs....I use to hold onto mine, but threw them away years ago.

Someone mentioned Blue Oyster Cult...back in '75 at the Washington Navy Yard....The Beach Boys and Chicago were the act and Blue Oyster Cult was the back up band, they came out first...then the BBoys and then Chicago and then both the BBoys and Chicago got on stage...what a totally awesome concert it was!!!

Saw the BBoys again in 1994 at the oceanfront at the FIRST AMERICAN MUSIC FEST the City of Va Beach started....I did not like them .... compared to how they played in '75 to '94...yuckky!

I've seen Lynard Skynard in San Diego on New Years Day, 1978....
Barry Manilow also in San Diego.

.38 Special and a few others I can't remember played here in Norfolk back in, oh, 1979??? or was it 1980? Loved .38 Special. I want to say Alabama was there too...and another band. Can't remember the name of the event. It was actually held in Portsmouth I believe.

And my baby sis won tickets from a contest from our local paper back in 1996 time frame (I did save these tickets :))....of the MONKEES...HEY....don't even go there...Davy Jones ROCKS!!! I had such a crush on them, Davy ;)...that it took me 30 years later to finally see them...except there were only 3 (Davy, Mike Dolenz and Peter Tork....Mike Nesmith wasn't there :().

Can't forget the concerts at Madison Square Gardens either....THOSE OLDIES BUT GOODIES!!! Love them!

P

pickaway

Right on glad to see 6-26-93 Grateful Dead, smokin show!!!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Holy Crap! I went to at least 9 of the same shows! (Mainly the 1977-1980 shows) Man did I spend a lot of time and brain cells at the Capitol Center. I grew up in Wheaton MD. Here's a couple of mine that I have on my computer right now. By the way, didn't Return to Forever open for one of the Bad Company shows you went to? I even have a bootleg of the Bad Company portion. Crappy quality, but I have all four Zeppelin shows from 1977 on cd, and really great sound quality. Man, did you give me one Hell of a flashback!
Carl

Attachments

• ledzep.jpg
    ledzep.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 215
  • ledzep.jpg
    ledzep.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 215

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread