Jimi Hendrix

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Mad Max, I'll have to agree with you on that. I'm glad I got to see him live with the Experience, and only $5!! ;)

HH 8) surfrat

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
he was so far ahead of his time it is crazy. without him rock music wouldnt have evolved like it did. he was the first to use controlled feedback, overdriven distortion,aggresive tremelo bar techniques,etc. it makes you wonder what would have happened had he lived.

OP
OP
M

mad max

Jul 2, 2006
Ohio
Hey Surfrat,
Im jelous!! You actually got to see the legend!! I have several books on Jimi, and one said that from the edge of his palm, to the tip of his middle finger, it measured 9 inches!! Thats why guitar playing came so easy for him. I used to hate my middle name, until I found out that Jimi has the same middle name as me.
All I can say is gentlemen---I MISS THE 60s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
M

mad max

Jul 2, 2006
Ohio
Hey Hollowpointred,
I like to think that if he had lived ,maybe we would still have the type of rock n roll we grew up with.--or something close. And just think Surfrat got to see him for 5 bucks!! Its a shame Noel Redding, and Mitch Mitchell arent in the buissness anymore. Ill bet Monterey Pop wasa blast!!---------Max

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hendrix was THE best. My favorite album is band of gypsys!

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm storing my friends large vinyl collection. I bought an interface to hook a turntable to the computer. Over about a year I filled up a big hard drive !! My teenager would come down and listen while I was recording. He asked why that old music was so much better than todays. I told him its because they had TALENT!!!!

Now I'm going to have to go downstairs and listen to "Machine Gun"

I want a time machine :)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Rob in KS said:
I'm storing my friends large vinyl collection. I bought an interface to hook a turntable to the computer. Over about a year I filled up a big hard drive !! My teenager would come down and listen while I was recording. He asked why that old music was so much better than todays. I told him its because they had TALENT!!!!

i think there is still talent out there, its just that you never get to hear it. corporate america is now running the record industry and they have ruined what used to be a creative business. now days bands get signed according to a "system" of what the record company ( guys in suits who "think" they have an idea) thinks will make money. thats whay so many bands these days sound the same. no one wants to take a chance on something that "doesnt fit the mold" so to speak. god forbid we color outside of the lines! ;D bands now days had better produce big money on thier first album or else you wont ever hear a second one. thats why there will never be another led zeppelin or pink floyd. the labels dont want to develop an act like they did back in the day. it has to be instant results. its a shame really. the good ol days are truely gone as far as music goes. :'(

OP
OP
M

mad max

Jul 2, 2006
Ohio
Amen gentlemen, I just got done listening to Voodoo Chile, and The Star Spangled Banner

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Real BAD !!!!

Attachments

• hendrix.jpg
    hendrix.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 228

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
Rob in KS said:

i think there is still talent out there, its just that you never get to hear it. corporate america is now running the record industry and they have ruined what used to be a creative business. now days bands get signed according to a "system" of what the record company ( guys in suits who "think" they have an idea) thinks will make money. thats whay so many bands these days sound the same. no one wants to take a chance on something that "doesnt fit the mold" so to speak. god forbid we color outside of the lines! ;D bands now days had better produce big money on thier first album or else you wont ever hear a second one. thats why there will never be another led zeppelin or pink floyd. the labels dont want to develop an act like they did back in the day. it has to be instant results. its a shame really. the good ol days are truely gone as far as music goes. :'(

I have been Referring to most music these
days as Disposable. You listen to it
on the radio & move on. No reason to Buy,
it isn't worth listening to again anyway.

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
All bands that were successful in the 60's & 70's were all completely different from each other. Then disco came along and every thing changed. >:(

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As soon as i find my AUTOGRAPHED lp Jimi in the west ill post it :P

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
aa battery said:
As soon as i find my AUTOGRAPHED lp Jimi in the west ill post it :P

you met jimi? :o i met noel redding in the late 80s. he was one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet. not what i would expect from a rockstar. he was very humble.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
mad max said:
Hey Hollowpointred,
I like to think that if he had lived ,maybe we would still have the type of rock n roll we grew up with.--or something close. And just think Surfrat got to see him for 5 bucks!! Its a shame Noel Redding, and Mitch Mitchell arent in the buissness anymore. Ill bet Monterey Pop wasa blast!!---------Max

I got to see Mitch Mitchell perform quite a few years back... unfortunately, I was too young for Hendrix live. He was playing with a white boy hendrix impersonator. Randy something, I can't remember.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hendrix was the greatest, and the early days of heavy metal beats anything produced today. Hendrix, Doors, Joplin, Cream, Mountain, Led Zep and the bands that followed in their footsteps.

I have little use for most of what they are now calling music today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_music

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the J.H. B.B.C. sessions double disk set some repeat stuff 2 or 3 songs twice
but stellar stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions