Bluegrass!!!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i didn't like it as a kid, but i can really appreciate it now. some of those musicians are friggin virtuosos!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so I mainly listen to new age rock music... but I do have a taste for several different genres (even Phantom of the Opera!!), and yes, including bluegrass. I've only been listening to it since I moved to Missouri to college in 2002, but it's definitely relaxing!! My favorite group is by far Nickel Creek!!!! I just love the different tastes of instrumentals in it!

Bran <><

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I can listen to a good fiddler all day. Couple it with an acoustic guitar and you've got magic !! AS long as the musics moving!!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Oh yeah! Bill Monroe, Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs.

Warning! Best be played at home. Some songs can cause speeding tickets. ;)

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Well yes I really do like Bluegrass :) My brother Michael Rose is a member of a very popular Bluegrass North Carolina band > Roby Huffman and the Bluegrass Cutups !! They are one of the very best Bluegrass bands and if you ever hear Roby sing ~Ruby ~ You'll know what I mean ;)

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Bobby i absolutely love blue grass !

Kossoy Sisters :[youtube=425,350]XBnU1yM7W_s[/youtube]

Man Of Constant Sorrow : [youtube=425,350]ifdgrfr0Bkk[/youtube]

I gotta say O' Brother Where Art Thou is one of my most favorite movies ! Full of that good ole' blue grass !

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh ya. I used to have a Live365 Bluegrass station. This was back when Live365 was still pretty new.

I use to stream music over the internet on my own back in the early 90's.

Bluegrass rules!

Badger

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
theres a lesson to be learned in the "blue grass" classic -- "i am death" in the "o brother where are thou" movie -- Ivan

digging wv

Sep 16, 2007
Cabin Creek
Detector(s) used
Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love BG... Played bass in a group with my father. He passed on in '01 and just haven't had the heart to jump back into it. the group was the Holly Grove Grass.

dave in iowa

Jan 29, 2008
iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Track, Minelab S.E. , and a Whites Prizm 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bill monroe is th king , i play guitar , mandolin and harmonica and sing , we do a lot of bluegrass music

Barbersinger

Greenie
Aug 1, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My youngest son just got me a new 5 string banjo for my 60th birthday. Hope I can handle the learning curve. I fiddled with one many years ago, but never really learned it. (can you fiddle on a banjo?) ???

Hey Digginman, I'll have to give a little argument on the "only music that is truly American."
Jazz originated here as well as barbershop harmony.(check out the history page on my web site www.regalblend.com) The list is short, but jazz and barbershop are probably the only two that didn't have a musical influence outside of each genre or style.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread