Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
==========

I was surprised that you had not heard several of these. They were not like they were the last song on side 2 of the album. :notworthy: Glad you like :icon_thumleft:

I should have said that I don't remember them. I am in that over the hill club, ya know.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the great 60's hits you guys! That was the decade I was in high school (graduated in '69).

Just wanted to share a memory of a group I saw at the Minnesota State fair around the mid 80's that had a great sound and was formed from some incredible talent. The group was called "Southern Pacific" and consisted of three members from the Doobie Brothers (Keith Knudsen, John McFee and Jerry Scheff). The bass player, Stu Cook was from Creedance Clearwater Revival along with a very talented lead singer named Tim Goodman.

Here's a song they performed at FarmAid with Emmylou Harris...

They also wrote a song called, "A Girl Like Emmylou"...

In 1989, they wrote a song called "Any Way The Wind Blows" that was used in the soundtrack in the film "Pink Cadillac" starring Clint Eastwood and Bernadette Peters...

I just remember it was a great sounding band that was formed from some very special talent! Enjoy!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
SD51 speaks :notworthy:

That was some great selections SD and always enjoy hearing some of the history :icon_thumright:
Another in my age group :hello2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, guys, my life is a bit crazy busy right now. I have been able to listen to a few of your songs. I just haven't been able to get to reply with any. I will catch up on the likes to the ones I have played, and as I listen, I will like. Thank you so much for adding these great videos of yester-year!

Simon, I will say that concerning Janis Joplin, I wasn't a big fan. About the only songs I remember of hers was Bobby McGee, Piece Of My Heart, Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz, and I will confess here, Oh Lord Won't You Buy Me A 714. (Probably shouldn't play that one on this site)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread