Favorite songs I was raised on

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

another group of nice people which I just briefly met as they were getting ready to perform at Disney Land. I was standing behind them and they all three had on matching black leather jackets with the name Ronettes embroidered on the back.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Simon1, they are my all-time favorite group. After Rob Grill passed in 2011, the band added a member that is a friend of my step-daughter!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I must say, I did have second thoughts about that Donny Osmond one "Crazy Horse". I liked everything EXCEPT when he used the organ to make that ear shattering noise :BangHead:

I like The Grass Roots also. My favorite is "I'd Wait a Million Years" :notworthy:

Cool connection you have to a great band :notworthy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still listening. Slowly but surely. Simon, I had heard some good ones this weekend and made a mental note. I get back on here and glance through the titles, and you have already played some. :hello2:

Here's one, but I had to be carefull of which video to play. :laughing9:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Another Ten Years After - their songs were fairly loooooooong. This one is 39 minutes

Is this a test? This isn't one loooong song. It is the whole lp. Yes, I listen. That's why I am so far behind. You are like a posting ninja! :laughing7::tongue3:8-):hello2::notworthy:

I liked " Me And My Baby" OK you are going to laugh at this. I like the "drum dum drum" of the bass and the "chi chit che" of the cymbals(?). i always did like that sound.

I liked "Circles" too. A very pretty and moving sound. I can relate big time to that song.

Life is going around in circles
Wonder will it ever end
If I die, baby, will you miss me
Or just find another friend
Does it matter what I do
Live life right or bear a grudge?
Does it matter what I do
Is there anyone to judge?

I have been to many places
I have journeyed through the mind
Though I've found some different faces
Another answer I can't find
Does it matter what I do
Is there anyone to say?
Does it matter what I do
Is there any other way?

I have got what I once dreamed of
As a child, so long ago
But my life just goes in circles
'Cause one answer I don't know
Does it matter what I do
Who will hear me if I cry?
Does it matter what I do
Does it matter if I die?

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice mood song

I like learning about the Everly Brothers. I found this interesting.

Don was born in Brownie, Muhlenberg County, Kentucky, on February 1, 1937, and Phil in Chicago, Illinois, on January 19, 1939. Their parents were Isaac Milford "Ike" Everly, Jr. (1908–1975), a guitar player, and Margaret Embry Everly.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP] Actor James Best (born Jules Guy), also from Muhlenberg County, was the son of Ike's sister. Margaret was 15 when she married Ike, who was 26. Ike worked in coal mines from age 14, but his father encouraged him to pursue his love of music and Ike and Margaret began singing together.[SUP][3][/SUP] The Everly brothers spent most of their childhood in Shenandoah, Iowa.[SUP][4][/SUP] They attended Longfellow Elementary School in Waterloo, Iowa, for a year,[SUP][5][/SUP] but then moved to Shenandoah in 1944, where they remained through early high school.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread