Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But, they were favorites we were raised on. You know, I listen to all of these songs and they take me back to that time. That was my motivation for the thread. I always wondered how hot they must have been in those costumes? Did the make up run? Boy what a mess! And I never did like Gene Simmons tongue. Gross! But I did like their some of their songs, the hits anyway. They were successful (despite the “singing “)

“Kiss is one of the best-selling bands of all time, having sold more than 75 million records worldwide, including 21[5] million RIAA-certified albums.[6][7] Kiss also holds the title as America's No. 1 Gold record award-winning group of all time, having earned 30 Gold albums. Kiss has 14 Platinum albums, with three albums being multi-Platinum.[8] On April 10, 2014, the four original members of Kiss were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Kiss was ranked by MTV as the ninth "Greatest Metal Band of All Time",[9] and placed tenth on VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock" list,[10] as well as being ranked as the third "Best Metal and Hard Rock Live Band of All Time" by Loudwire.[11]”

I listen to KLOVE mostly, and this thread and what we all post. The contemporary Christian music is not very popular on this site. Kinda crosses the line also. But it is the music that I love loud.

I went and saw them in concert and when they say it’s the greatest show on earth believe it. It always started YOU WANTED THE BEST WELL YOU GOT THE BEST THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WHOLD KISS!!!!!! And then everything lit up like the Fourth of July everybody knew it was coming and it was more than what you imagined. I was Gene Simmons for Halloween’s in a row. Ace Frehley solo still blows my mind till this day that’s why I’ll put up shock me

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I went and saw them in concert and when they say it’s the greatest show on earth believe it. It always started YOU WANTED THE BEST WELL YOU GOT THE BEST THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WHOLD KISS!!!!!! And then everything lit up like the Fourth of July everybody knew it was coming and it was more than what you imagined. I was Gene Simmons for Halloween’s in a row. Ace Frehley solo still blows my mind till this day that’s why I’ll put up shock me

It sounds exciting! I didn't go to a whole lot of concerts. The ones I did go to were not full of a whole lot of razzle dazzle. I do have a funny memory, though I don't remember which concert it was. It isn't about a band. It's about a fan. This guy was so wasted. His friends were holding his arms and shoulders. He was "walking" up the stairs feet first. Like a human wheelbarrow. He turned and smiled a big ole grin and waved at us.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard this song the other day on the radio. I always thought it was about a break up. Listening to it on youtube, I found out that David Gates wrote this about his father after he had passed. So, now I am thinking of my mother and got a tear in my eye.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I missed this. Both Mac Davis and Helen Reddy passed away yesterday.

May they both RIP

I will repost my favorites from them.

Delta Dawn

Baby, Baby, Don’t Get Hooked On Me

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard this song the other day on the radio. I always thought it was about a break up. Listening to it on youtube, I found out that David Gates wrote this about his father after he had passed. So, now I am thinking of my mother and got a tear in my eye.

Thanks for posting this one WD. This was my favorite song from Bread, a great band from the early 70's.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Steve Winwood and Dave Mason formed Traffic, a very underrated band that incorporated an eclectic source mix of music from British folksongs (JOHN BARLEYCORN MUST DIE) to jazz (FORTY THOUSAND HEADMEN, LOW SPARK OF HIGH HEEL BOYS)) to anthemic (SOMEOME IS TRYING TO HEARD) in a melange of proto prog rock.

Winwood was 16 when he was the vocalist/ keyboardist of the Spencer Davis Group

Taking a break from Traffic, played with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker in Blind Faith.

Then there is his '80's solo work:

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Pearly queen sounds vaguely familiar. I am amazed he was only 16. The other two, I definitely remember. Thanks for the background, ECS. :thumbsup:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That was a great song indeed. Takes you back aways. The song has new heart meaning now that we know it was written in honor of his Dad. Yesterday marked what would have been my Dad's 88th birthday. We lost him 8 years ago this past July. I really miss him and teared up a bit listening to this song once again and thinking of my Dad. Thanks for the memories.

Last edited:

gracebenji

Oct 15, 2020
Singapore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was raised listening to rock, metal bands as I and my elder brother used to listen to the same genre. We loved Guns and Roses, Metallica, and AC/DC the most. Somtimes, I listen to these bands to recall my childhood memories :)

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the thread, devldog and gracebenji. :hello2:

That was a great song indeed. Takes you back aways. The song has new heart meaning now that we know it was written in honor of his Dad. Yesterday marked what would have been my Dad's 88th birthday. We lost him 8 years ago this past July. I really miss him and teared up a bit listening to this song once again and thinking of my Dad. Thanks for the memories.

I was grieving the loss of my brother when I started this thread...

I was raised listening to rock, metal bands as I and my elder brother used to listen to the same genre. We loved Guns and Roses, Metallica, and AC/DC the most. Somtimes, I listen to these bands to recall my childhood memories :)

...and it was all about reminiscing my childhood.

Please feel free to post your favorites.

I probably posted this already (see, even I forget), but I always associate this with my brother. We were in a bar eating dinner during karaoke night. My brother got up and sang this. It was awful! But I know he could relate to the song. He never married. He lived with an older woman for a couple years. He was head over heals in love with her, till his dying day, even. She was married and reconciled with her husband after the brief "shaking up" with my brother. He was lonely most of his life.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Delaney Bramlett began as a member of of SHINDIG TV's house band THE SHINDOGS in 1965.
After marrying Bonnie, formed Bonnie, Delaney, & Friends, with core members, Bobbie Whitlock (keyboards), Carl Radle(bass) and Jim Gordon(drums).
Additional friends included George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Rita Coolidge (in the above video), as well as Duane Allman Leon Russell and Dave Mason of Traffic.
The live "ON TOUR with Eric Clapton" album was followed by a 1970 American tour.
Delaney was known as being difficult and abusive, and was known to short pay Whitlock, Radle, and Gordon
(booking fee with Clapton for that tour $10,000 guarantee/against 60% gate) causing them to leave FRIENDS and join Eric Clapton and Duane Allman at CRITERIA Studios for the LAYLA sessions, as Derek & the Dominoes.

Duane only appeared live with Derek & the Dominoes only twice, in Syracuse and Tampa's Curtis-Hixon Hall, December 01, 1970, 10 months later died in a motorcycle accident in Macon, Georgia, October 29, 1971.

*NOTE* In 1983, Jim Gordon , an undiagnosed schizophrenic killed his mother with a hammer and is still incarcerated in a California Medical Facility.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Delaney Bramlett began as a member of of SHINDIG TV's house band THE SHINDOGS in 1965.
After marrying Bonnie, formed Bonnie, Delaney, & Friends, with core members, Bobbie Whitlock (keyboards), Carl Radle(bass) and Jim Gordon(drums).
Additional friends included George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Rita Coolidge (in the above video), as well as Duane Allman Leon Russell and Dave Mason of Traffic.
The live "ON TOUR with Eric Clapton" album was followed by a 1970 American tour.
Delaney was known as being difficult and abusive, and was known to short pay Whitlock, Radle, and Gordon
(booking fee with Clapton for that tour $10,000 guarantee/against 60% gate) causing them to leave FRIENDS and join Eric Clapton and Duane Allman at CRITERIA Studios for the LAYLA sessions, as Derek & the Dominoes.

Duane only appeared live with Derek & the Dominoes only twice, in Syracuse and Tampa's Curtis-Hixon Hall, December 01, 1970, 10 months later died in a motorcycle accident in Macon, Georgia, October 29, 1971.

*NOTE* In 1983, Jim Gordon , an undiagnosed schizophrenic killed his mother with a hammer and is still incarcerated in a California Medical Facility.

Well that’s some dark side history.

Wande

Oct 26, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beatles - yesterday is my favorite song of all time. By the way guys, who can recommend good radio streaming sites? Actually does anyone still listen to the radio? Personally, I like it but can't find a good radio station. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Ray Davies wrote this song about the death of his sister.
The Indian Raga influence is evident, and instead of older brother Dave playing guitar, it is Ray on the 12string that carries that riff throughout the song.
It is debatable on whether it was the Kinks or the Beatles who first introduced Indian influences into rock music.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, hello, Honest Samuel. I have not talked to you in a while. Thanks for joining in. Now, I’m not for sure, but I think this one is the 1956 version you would be referring to:

Yes, it was. I was in the eight grade, in New Haven Connecticut.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread