nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello all,Back in the summer I started a home project of taking my large parlor and transforming it into a Bedroom and large Bathroom.The parlor has 2 fire places and where i needed to frame the bathroom wall i had to remove one of my mantles.So once it was removed,i searched the back of it and discovered these relics.I am not quite for sure how they got there but within over a 150 yrs anything is possible.
The top left item i think is a turn knob from a lantern it reads Silver light, pat.d Mar 4,1864 and Feb,1868. The top right item is a Religious Medal that i am not sure how old it is.
The button seems to be a bone button and than the Large Cent is dated 1836.
The Mercurochrome bottle which is iodine,it reads 22nd and Broadway,Louisville,Ky Pharmacist A.P.Markendorf.The bottle is still corked and full of iodine.
I also found pieces of a letter from Christmas of 1877, but they are very brittle and fall apart at the touch.

It made my day finding this after a hard days work.I have a total of 4 fireplaces and really curious of whats behind the other 3. :P
I hope to make many more discoveries as i check my cellar and other places of interest on my property.

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 100_0183.jpg
    100_0183.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 419
Upvote 0

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
It's amazing what you can find behind/under/above certain walls/systems/etc. We once found a family bible behind a closet wall.

If you're working in an old home, you never know what you will find. Good luck!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread