lc2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,233
Upvote 0

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
WOW, nice! That double holed one is interesting. Necklace, button, etc.? Gotta wonder.

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
John (Ma) said:
WOW, nice! That double holed one is interesting. Necklace, button, etc.? Gotta wonder.

Not sure... I was thinking button, but someone posted on T-net that they made kid's toys out of them also.. so maybe that is what it is??

MB

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John (Ma) said:

Whizzer.

Hey, great collection MB!! :o

How long have you been diggin? I think you've got me beat on LC's. :P

-Buckles

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
BuckleBoy said:
John (Ma) said:

Whizzer.

Hey, great collection MB!! :o

How long have you been diggin? I think you've got me beat on LC's. :P

-Buckles

Thanks!! and I have some more "someplace" I really.. .really need to get organized.. when I counted them up before I had over 100.. but I might have counted my colonials too not just large cents. I've been digging on and off about 18 years.. but I usually dig a lot for a while and then sort of phase out for a year or two then start digging a lot...

i was going to ask the other day when the topic came up of Civil war plate ratios... but i guess you shouldn't ask a ma how many plates he has ;-)

MB

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MonkeyBoy said:
Thanks!! and I have some more "someplace" I really.. .really need to get organized.. when I counted them up before I had over 100.. but I might have counted my colonials too not just large cents.  I've been digging on and off about 18 years.. but I usually dig a lot for a while and then sort of phase out for a year or two then start digging a lot... 

i was going to ask the other day when the topic came up of Civil war plate ratios... but i guess you shouldn't ask a ma how many plates he has ;-)

MB

MB,

The larger my collection gets, the more difficult it gets for me to stay organized--but also the more important it becomes.  I used to arrange finds by sites, then that got to be a monumental task with homesteads, old bandstands, picnic groves, churches, ferry sites... 

I still keep the CW items organized by site.  Each site is in a separate box/crate/display case/etc.  And they are marked.  I also keep records of when I dug what (which can be a lifesaver when you need to find something). 

Anyhow, if you've got 60 LC's than you've certainly got me beat.  I pretty much did CW hunting only, during the first five or six years I was in the hobby, so coins were infrequent finds. 

I've hunted off and on for 17 years as of next month.  I was "off" a lot during six of those years to finish school.  During that time I probably got out once a month or so--not two, three, or four times a week like I hunt now during the fall and spring windows. 

In terms of plates, a good average is one per year.  Some years are great years--like last year (3 plus a third of a CW "snake buckle").  Got one lonely plate in 2007, and I have one for 2009 already, so I'm hoping that this year will be a 2-3 buckle year.

At any rate, I have fewer buckles than Large Cents.  :wink: :)

Keep up the good work, MB  :thumbsup:

-Buckles

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome collection i hope to dig 1 someday lol keep it up MB :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

John987

Jan 13, 2009
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Compass X-80 Challenger, Yukon 77B Professional
THAT'S INCREDIBLE!! I AM AMAZED AT ALL THE LC's!!
Thanks so much for posting them. I'll just keep swinging and hope for my third... and then fourth... got along way to go to catch up to you.
WOW!!
Happy Hunting!!

John

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
John987 said:
THAT'S INCREDIBLE!! I AM AMAZED AT ALL THE LC's!!
Thanks so much for posting them. I'll just keep swinging and hope for my third... and then fourth... got along way to go to catch up to you.
WOW!!
Happy Hunting!!

John

sure!! Glad you liked them...

MB

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, now flip them all over the same way so we can see the backs,..lol.....cool collection

PA

Mar 18, 2009
hi monkeyboy,

you found lots of big cents. i to have found so much that i cant remember how many i got. i love big pennys the most. i got many many of them over the past 30 years of detecing.

henry

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Sweet collection MonkeyBoy, :thumbsup:
I have only found 1 LG cent and 1Half cent

fortbball9

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None for me yet I think you have them all! You should throw some back for the rest of us to find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread