Caribbean site we are working on

monacoauctions

Feb 27, 2009
Monte- Carlo
For those that contacted me via the "what is it" section, some photo's from the site in the Caribbean we have been working for the last couple of years. At the moment we are talking with a governement in the Caribbean to open a museum there as a tourist attraction. It will cover the whole piracy era, re-create a dig and go on to cover the whole history of the region from Pre Columbus with several thousand original exhibits. From our site we have found many crosses, coins, pottery pieces and object from everyday life. The site appears to be some sort of semi-permanent camp used by pirates or traders around the early 1700's. The first picture is me in a defensive ditch that goes around 3 sides of the site. There will be a series of books to to with the museum using original artifacts to illustrate them, they are written and due to be printed later in the year.

Attachments

• DC1 and DC2 3156.jpg
    DC1 and DC2 3156.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 5,754
  • DC1 and DC2 2982.jpg
    DC1 and DC2 2982.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 5,767
  • DC1 and DC2 2984.jpg
    DC1 and DC2 2984.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 5,701
  • DC1 and DC2 3035.jpg
    DC1 and DC2 3035.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 5,746
  • DC1 and DC2 3094.jpg
    DC1 and DC2 3094.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 5,711
  • DSC02497.JPG
    DSC02497.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 5,614
Upvote 4

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pegleglooker said:
Ooooops thx Woody
No problem, glad to help, happens to me once in a while also, miss a post....

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hamilton,

Got the books yesterday and I think you are really on to something. Most of the crew here picked them up to see what they were...and then read them cover to cover. For your goals, I think you have certainly hit the mark. I'll gladly assist with the production of some shipwreck and salvage related titles whenever you are ready. Really nice work man, and your Caribbean site is amazing...in addition to mags and sonars, I also know how to use a shovel if you need some help. LOL

Jason

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT
awesome site!!
looks to be alot of history around there

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is amazing, you guys are living the dream. Good luck and be safe.

OP
OP
monacoauctions

monacoauctions

Feb 27, 2009
Monte- Carlo
Here are a few more things that are from our site, the Caribbean Museum project is progressing slowly. I will put up a batch of other photo's in @ 8-10 days time, some items are being photographed for a press release so they will be better images than i have today. In this picture are some European spoons, bits of early european pottery some C17th cross pendants. The jaw bone is real, it was found with a couple of other skull fragments. I am guessing that it is from the c17/18th as everything else found around it is of this era. It's with a phorensic guy at the moment who will be able to date the age of the person and hopefully the era it's from more accurately. All interesting stuff !!!!

Attachments

• DC1 and DC2 223.jpg
    DC1 and DC2 223.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 4,167

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Got to admit, this is one of the most interesting posts I have seen on this forum, great finds, good luck in the future. :icon_pirat:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's simply a dream site - one of those places every treasure hunter and history buff imagines finding one day!!

Grats and please keep posting photos - it's the closest I'll get to being there in the action :)

Skipper

Apr 25, 2005
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Very interesting historical finds. Pirates of the Caribbean artifacts. I wonder if the jaw bone is from a dispute between pirates or?????

Very Cool! Please keep posting more.

Thank you.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The jaw bone made me think of another possibility also... could this in fact be a survivor camp from a shipwreck? The defensive trench makes me think probably no, but if they wrecked, salvaged everything they could from the ship, and died hoping someone would come pick them up....the result would be much the same. You may have a shipwreck just offshore.....just a thought.

Jason

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Congra.

I wish you keep finding more coins. ALWAYS I'VE SAID, THE CARIBBEAN AND SOUTH AMERICA IS MUCH BETTER FOR TREASURE HUNTING THAN E.U.

architecad

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
I'm inclined to think that those small spoons weren't used for gunpowder, but rather as trade goods (slap a wooden handle on it and it becomes much more useful.) The only other use I see is as a medicine spoon, or for measuring tea....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread