$20,000.00 CONFEDERATE BUCKLE FOUND IN TENNESSEE

Hello there!!! I found this jewel Thursday, Nov. 17th here in Central Tennessee at a Confederate site. It is undoubtedly my best find ever!!!! I had been told the usual...that the site has been long since "hunted out". I started detecting and immediately began to find dropped William's cleaners, blank buttons, etc. Then I happened upon a hexagonal Whitworth round. I most definitely decided to concentrate my efforts in that one area of the field. After a pocketful of bullets I got a large signal with my White's XL Pro that landed the needle up around 75 on the meter. I had almost decided not to dig it because it was so loud and sounded close to the surface like some big chunks of aluminum I had been coming across in the area. But, this was a Civil War site and I knew that belt plates, especially, produced a large signal. So, I dug up a clod of soil and there it was!!! It came up with the hooks showing and I kinda stood there for a moment until it dawned on me that I was looking at a belt buckle. I turned it over and saw the CS surrounded by stars and the rest is a blur. I cannot tell you the elation I felt and I think that I walked in circles around the hole for several minutes making phone calls with my cellular before actually picking the relic up! It is a day that I will never forget. The buckle is valued in excess of $20,000.00!!!!

Attachments

• cs1.jpg
    cs1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,996
  • cs2.jpg
    cs2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,867
Upvote 19

muddyknees

May 5, 2005
Holden Beach,North Carolina
That is really a great looking plate all the hooks in place not beat up really nice find my freind and in the other post to you about the north winng did they I guess the winng side are cone heads.well just some of them are.
muddyknees

K

Kentucky Kache

Wow! I sure would like to dig one of those. :o Congrats.
P.S. Don't let anyone spoil your victory.

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
Nice find!
I hate to say, but you may look very carfefully around that buckle for something unusual that doesn't beep. A buckle didn't just fall out of a pack, but more than likely the guy wearing that buckle gave his life for the cause, and is still there waiting our respect.

As far as who won, they all paid a heavy , heavy price, and all of 'US' are the winners!

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hands down the most rare CS plate that I've ever seen posted on any treasure forum. Simply amazing find that never got the recognition on here it deserves. Oh and yes, this is a $20,000 plate.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Steller Find on the Confetrit' Plate. It may have a price tag of $20'000.00, but to me it is priceless. Keep It!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is it worth 20k? I'm not doubting that it is, I'm just wondering what is it that makes it so special?
The worth depends on condition and what is somebody willing to pay for it. I believe that if it was in mint condition, it may be worth that much money, but, it is not. A great find. Good hunting and good luck.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Find of a lifetime! My dad had one but had to sell it when he didn't get paid for a huge contract at work just to pay his employees for their work. :BangHead:

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The worth depends on condition and what is somebody willing to pay for it. I believe that if it was in mint condition, it may be worth that much money, but, it is not. A great find. Good hunting and good luck.

Yeah it's worth $20,000 all day, it has all 3 hooks on the back.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks pretty much like this ...lol C1F1B22E-ED3F-4E6B-8121-2D2D6949A7D5.jpeg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang! Kudos to you man. From a rating of 1 to 10 this one is way over the chart.

Attachments

• AR1003_1365_web-crop-c0-49__0-44-400x225.JPG
    AR1003_1365_web-crop-c0-49__0-44-400x225.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 127

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's worth it in this condition. I know of another that sold in recent years in similar condition for I think around $23,000. A non-dug specimen would be worth even more.

Last edited:

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow , $20K ? ! had no idea they went for that amount ! Awesome find , sell it or keep it , either way you win ! Very nice find !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread