OP
hybrid_XLT

hybrid_XLT

Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Tim, i actually submitted the 1777 two reale story to whites magazine. Hello White’s,

My name is Robert and I am from Massachusetts. I’ve been using a White’s Eagle Spectrum since last August and have found a lot of old coins. Over 30 Indian Heads, 4 V nickels, 6 silver quarters, 14 silver dimes, etc. I called my friend Ricky yesterday morning and asked him if he was going to go “Swinging” and that I had some stuff to do but could hook up later that day.

We met at an old farm that he had been detecting off and on for 3 years. Besides the 3 big fields there were tons of woods that looked great. I really wanted to MD the woods after he told me all the different finds he had gotten out of them. But faith would have it that Rick locked his keys in his truck and after calling AAA he would have to stay close by for about an hour.

We hit the nearby farm field. After making one complete cut across this field I started to work my way back and got a wheat cent at 3” down. A few feet from that I got a strong 82 VDI at 2” down and as soon as I dug I saw the words “Carolus” and knew I had an old one. My friend was about 60 feet away, and I yelled “I’ve got a good one.” My friend couldn’t believe I had found a 2 Reale in a field that he had been detecting for 3 years and that I was using a 15+ year old detector. Just goes to show you that the older White’s are just as good as the newer ones.

Robert

Attachments

• IMG_3254.JPG
    IMG_3254.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 608

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: Wow I'm in aw here , absoltly sweet finds ,wtg

cwrob

Tenderfoot
Jul 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
White MXT
wow..I'm impressed - having just started MD I love to hear where people find their "finds" :) it gives
me a good idea of where to try myself - I'm in AK til Sept - got any good tips for me?

I own a Whites MXT and just got a shooter for gold - went to a place known for panning gold
and covered quite a bit of the river w/out any luck - then got 2 "hits" on 2 different spots -
we dug some dirt - panned it and sure enough got a flake from each location.

I took some pics of coins I found but this system says it can't load because my file
is too big - and I don't have a clue how to make them smaller. Any ideas?? :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread