Upvote 0

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Re: Will the bug ever go away?

Details...we want details...That is a super bunch of finds. Did they come from the same spot???

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

if your lucky they will never find a cure for the bug,need a huntin buddy ,sweet finds :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

The stuff was found at 2 different locations.The spanish stuff came from a burnt down spanish fort area and the seated & bust coins from a old house site!Took about a week or so to find all the goodies :icon_thumleft: Thanks for looking

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You'll take it to the grave with you. Some days I can barely motivate, but I'm never too bad to not go metal detecting if the weather is nice. Monty

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Wow !!!!!!!! How deep were the finds? What detector were you using to find the goods? Have you been back to the sites to look for more?

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

It was all found with a minelab exp. most of it was deep and took some diggin to bring it out,the only target hit i had on the machine was a iron ax head at first. After diggin in the ironpatch for a bit things started to turn up..The minelab is great in iron mask mode for searching trash/iron pits and finding silver and gold in it when most machines would drive you nuts.I have been back and found more goodies,i may post some soon.. Chagy and Ivan?I think you were both right on the lock,i found some info. It is a V between 2 Columns. V=veracruz an it makes a M for mexico....

Attachments

• veracruz    mexico.gif
    veracruz mexico.gif
    983 bytes · Views: 1,793

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

relicdude, first of all wonderful finds!. You mentioned you are using the minelab explorer and finding these deep. May I ask what size coil you are using to avoid what must be a lot of square nails? Are you in ferrous? Thanks

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

johnnyi said:
relicdude, first of all wonderful finds!. You mentioned you are using the minelab explorer and finding these deep. May I ask what size coil you are using to avoid what must be a lot of square nails? Are you in ferrous? Thanks
Johnny ,i use this coil 3x6..I started diggin and finding so much pottery and iron i dug a hole about 3 ft wide and 3 ft deep.The lot is in the woods and on a friends property she has a huge parcel of land on a river .I take the small coil and look the banks of the hole and the dirt removed...So really im diggin closer to the target ,it's not the machine is going that deep..

Attachments

• minelab_134-4x7edd_f.jpg
    minelab_134-4x7edd_f.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,811
OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

robfinds said:
No the bug won't go away, it's terminal I'm afraid. :tongue3:
I was afraid of that :D I love the tin toys and artifacts you found...Man they are out of this world!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

:dontknow:

Attachments

• Spanish%20Mission%20-%20K%20&%20J.jpg
    Spanish%20Mission%20-%20K%20&%20J.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,789

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I don't think you will ever get rid of the bug. Lets say I hope not. Congradulations, and man keep them comming. It takes my breath to view you finds.

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

Thank you Old river.I enjoyed the post you had about the oldriver day party!Looks like everyone had a goodtime !

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why would you want it to?!

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

If you keep finding those large Spanish flat buttons at the rate you are, I can tell you that the bug will never go away. :wink: Now, post those up, will ya? :notworthy:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

I told you there would be goodies there didn't I ? --trust the ole researcher :headbang:--your on to some of the good stuff. --most likely theres more --lots more. ;D :icon_thumright:

uh veracruz , mexico needless to say was the "loading port" for spanish treasure shipments and travelers --- you got a lockplate face like a travelers chest would likely had for safe keeping their valuible goods ( and / or smuggled gold / silver which was quite common) while they were headed back to spain -- the veracruz "V" for veracruz I am not sure of but I trust your veiw having not seen it first hand myself /however the "M" meaning mexico marking are clearly upon on it-- :o :icon_thumleft: now to find some of what was in the chest. :wink:--- I know without a doubt "M" for mexico --from what you say the letter design "V" --(veracruz) as part of them "M" for mexico makes good sense. -- think your in the sweet spot for some great finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread