1 OF MY BEST AND OLDEST FIND 1721 SPANISH REALE PISTAREEN

chark21798

Dec 6, 2004
SOUTH JERSEY
Detector(s) used
explorer/ wot coil
THIS 1721 SPANISH REALE PISTAREEN WAS FOUND IN A FIELD IN SJ. IT WAS ABOUT 7:30 AT NIGHT VERY DARK WHEN THIS WAS FOUND. I HAD FOUND A 1 REALE EARLIER THAT NIGHT. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT WAS EVEN IN FRONT OF MY HEADLIGHTS ON CAR. ENDED UP DRIVING TO BUDDY'S WORK TO GO ON COMPUTER. ONLY THAN FOUND OUT WHAT IS WAS. I WENT ON COLONIAL NEWSLETTER WEB SITE TO FIND OUT NOT MANY FOUND THIS FAR NORTH. ALSO SAID ONLY 13 WHOLE PISTAREEN FOUND MOSTLY IN VIRGINIA. WOULD LIKE SOME MORE INFORMATION ON HOW THIS COIN GOT HERE. HH TO ALL

Attachments

• DCP_5394[1].JPG
    DCP_5394[1].JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,026
  • DCP_5395[1].JPG
    DCP_5395[1].JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,037
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chark, that's a beauty. I think that's the one I dropped, that's how it got there. ;)

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super Coin!
Are you finding some old town sites in NJ?
If I know you, you'll be posting some more nice stuff as time goes on. I'll be watching.

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice coin. gotta love finding pieces of history like that

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds to me like that site is a treasure chest :o Keep searching, keep finding, keep posting.

God bless
Peter

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
wow thats a really early date! i have found a 1781 half reale here in delaware. i understand that at that time it was common to use forign coinage in the states, but im not sure how common it was in the 1720s. at any rate its a great find!

diggingduo

Greenie
Jan 31, 2006
Now that's a great coin to find!! I found a cut one of the same coin (I just posted some reales )
Is the old house still there or is it a trash free site, When I know the house has been gone before
modern trash you can allmost dig everything that talks. Happy Hunting and good luck, DD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread