Lets see you BEST DISPLAY - or display cases of any type

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great displays there, nice looking artifacts Bearbqd!

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Deepdiger60, what is that giant silver in the top left of your display? That things huge

Michellets

Nov 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Ace 250 Big and Small coils, AT-Pro
I finally made a display for two railroad locks that I found this year. Enjoy and HH M.

Attachments

• DSC01885_2.jpg
    DSC01885_2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,969
  • DSC01887.jpg
    DSC01887.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,974
  • DSC01886.jpg
    DSC01886.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,982
  • DSC01888.jpg
    DSC01888.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,961

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bearbqd said:
Hey Deepdiger60, what is that giant silver in the top left of your display? That things huge
Hi bearbqd that is a 1760 French King Louis XV Silver Pau which i dug out back in May in a local potato field that was just plowed up 12 inches, this part of the Eastend of Long Island goes back to the early 1600,s

Attachments

• 1760 pau front 1.jpg
    1760 pau front 1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,955
  • 1760 pau back.jpg
    1760 pau back.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,943
  • 1760 pau back.jpg
    1760 pau back.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,933
  • 1760 pau front 1.jpg
    1760 pau front 1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,955

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is my first case no particular theme just stuff

Attachments

• P1050855.jpg
    P1050855.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,903
  • P1050855.jpg
    P1050855.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,905

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got some of my finds in Riker boxes (20"x14") Breezie

Attachments

• 4aDisplays2009.jpg
    4aDisplays2009.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,889
  • 2aDisplays2009.jpg
    2aDisplays2009.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,898
  • 4aDisplays2009.jpg
    4aDisplays2009.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,885
  • 2aDisplays2009.jpg
    2aDisplays2009.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,902

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Very nice finds everyone! I'd hate to be a Mr. Killjoy, but if you have anything you particularly like or treasure, please consider not having them on display openly in your home. I did that back in 1994 and was robbed - took all of the rings and coins I had found - including my one and only 3 cent silver, and multiple gold rings.

Now, everything is in a safe or a Safe Deposit Box. Just something to consider...

HH

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
testing123 said:
Very nice finds everyone! I'd hate to be a Mr. Killjoy, but if you have anything you particularly like or treasure, please consider not having them on display openly in your home. I did that back in 1994 and was robbed - took all of the rings and coins I had found - including my one and only 3 cent silver, and multiple gold rings.

Now, everything is in a safe or a Safe Deposit Box. Just something to consider...

HH

Very good advice.......

I have taken several different precautions to protect my wife and home including multiple alarm systems with backup batteries and multiple cell units. If house loses power and land line phone service, home is still protected.

I have also advised my alarm company if it is ever longer then 30 seconds between time the alarm is sent and I receive call from them I will be looking for a new alarm company. I test it a couple times a month and time the calls, in 5 years it has never taken longer then 30 seconds for them to respond. All alarm equipment in my home is mine....

Home is also protected by Mr Smith and Mr Wesson 9 MM who is always close at hand.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
testing123 said:

HH

I hear ya! A few months back if it wasn't for the dog I would have ended up face to face with someone who was attempting to come in the living room window. Most of me wishes he would have made it in, but there's always that small % of crazy- life changing things that could happen so probably better he didn't. That happening proved to me my vigilance is justified and it's not just paranoia, so I will make even a greater effort to protect those things that can't be replaced. Something I also did was put myself in the mindset of being a thief and figure out if I took all the right stuff how much I could carry out in one haul. I came up with a loss of about 20k. Little things can add up quick!

Not even two days ago I was in a conversation about displaying finds in the house. I'd have no problem putting most out, but the best few % I'll always have locked away. In the last 10 years on the forums I have seen several posts from long time detector people who got cleaned out. Must be devastating.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Iron Patch said:
testing123 said:

HH

I hear ya! A few months back if it wasn't for the dog I would have ended up face to face with someone who was attempting to come in the living room window. Most of me wishes he would have made it in, but there's always that small % of crazy- life changing things that could happen so probably better he didn't. That happening proved to me my vigilance is justified and it's not just paranoia, so I will make even a greater effort to protect those things that can't be replaced. Something I also did was put myself in the mindset of being a thief and figure out if I took all the right stuff how much I could carry out in one haul. I came up with a loss of about 20k. Little things can add up quick!

Not even two days ago I was in a conversation about displaying finds in the house. I'd have no problem putting most out, but the best few % I'll always have locked away. In the last 10 years on the forums I have seen several posts from long time detector people who got cleaned out. Must be devastating.

Lock up your Cartwheels :D

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
testing123 said:

HH

Can't, they're the ammo! ;D

You must feel so unprotected. :laughing9:

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, folks.. Those are some fantastic displays and some really great collections. Very nice.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
testing123 said:

HH

Can't, they're the ammo! ;D

You must feel so unprotected. :laughing9:

No, I've got Roman buckshot ;D

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old bent belt plate display!

Attachments

• display 004.JPG
    display 004.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,723
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Old bent belt plate display!

It looks like a toy chair! LOL That must be the case you bought for the cannonball? ;D

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the displays and the recoveries made by everyone are just wonderful!!
And seeing all these great relics really makes me wish I had started MD'ing
sooner than I did three years ago.

Around Thanksgiving, my wife said that her two 7' bookcases were now
"off-limits" to the bottles and relics I found last year. . . (even though I built
the bookcases :P ) so then I said I'd build a coffee table display for the family
room that I can put some of my finds in. And she was happy with that idea.

Here are a few pics. . .

DSC_0818.JPG

DSC_0824.JPG

DSC_0818.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0824.JPG
    DSC_0824.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 1,683
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'd drink some coffee there! :thumbsup:

This Winter I'm considering throwing something together that's cheap, quick, and easy. I just want somewhere that can hold most of my stuff. With limited know-how and tools, I might just buy a door slab and put it on 6 legs, and buy some felt and glass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread