Something you dont find every day...

mrbelvetron

Jun 15, 2004
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Re: Something you don't find every day...

Now.. if noone claims it and it wasn't used in a crime, do you get to keep it?

OP
OP
lab rat

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I found this in early January, 2000. The cops took it and gave me a receipt. They ran their crime checks on it and it didn't have any 'history', so I was able to get it back after 90 days, but had to file registration and pay a fee. Things might have been different in a different State, of course. I never tried using it, but its fun to show off as a detecting find!

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia

Great find lab rat, its a good thing that your gun laws are not strict,in Aus the cops would keep it and you would get nothing in return.
Did you find it with your detectoror just specked it. Raoul

OP
OP
lab rat

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Yup, this was a detector find... a foot deep in wet beach sand. I generally don't dig iron tagets, but this was large enough to get my curiosity up. It took me 15 minutes to figure out exactly where I dug it and get it to the lifequard station, where the cops showed up in under a minute.

The real spooker was when I went back to that beach a month later, a little kid in diapers was digging a deep hole in that exact spot! By then the revolver would have been much more corroded, but >horrors< I could just imagine something bad happening if I hadn't found it first! :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread