Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
on this foto- my friend near the Hungarian burial place 1941 near Moscow

Attachments

• vengr_zahoron.jpg
    vengr_zahoron.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,666
I enjoyed your photos, Thanks!
Judging by your relics, the ground conditions must be pretty good as there is very little rust or corrosion.
typically WW2 helmets are rusted out. The one in the photo looks great!
Since you live in the largest country in the world, I think you will have no problem finding spots to detect!
My Russian friend told me that during communist rule, it was illegal to possess any gold and if the the soldiers found any, you could be shot. So alot of people who had gold hid it in floor boards or burried in the ground. My wife's oma who excaped Germany during the war, lived in Russia before coming to Canada and she managed to bring a couple of gold 10 rouble coins with her. I hope you find bunch!
Take care,
Dave.
P.S. I emailed your other pictures to my friend who is a big german military collector and I just got him started on metal detecting, is now bugging me to go with him to Russia! I'm sure alot of North American collectors envy you!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey nahabt, great photos, nice finds. before the 1st and 2nd world wars the french invaded your country, about 18oos. have ever found any items from this era. from what i have read there could be many thousands of fench graves.

tinpan and brown snake

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nahabt,

Nice finds, thank you for sharing with us.

Happy Hunting :)

OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
The rests of the bridge destroyed within war 1941-1945 (border of Russia and Estonia)

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 1,526
OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
tinpan said:
hey nahabt, great photos, nice finds. before the 1st and 2nd world wars the french invaded your country, about 18oos. have ever found any items from this era. from what i have read there could be many thousands of fench graves.

tinpan and brown snake

Finds of the period of Napoleon of 1812 rather rare - the army has been destroyed completely and dead the soldier have dug right after victories, over centuries on their tombs have grown forest.and already it is almost impossible to find that .in that far time metal in Russia cost very dearly and consequently the local population has collected all iron from fields and have given it on , however I know very many cases when my friends found very interesting the thing - weapon, money, a medal and even skeletons in the rests of uniforms

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree.

Are those Gold or Brass Coins ?

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins. You must have a lot of good places to hunt. Thank you for posting. Burdie

OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
In a picture our machine gun of 1927 of release, and in a photo the dug out disk for patrons from this machine gun

Attachments

• DP.jpg
    DP.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,283
  • дп-копаный.jpg
    дп-копаный.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 1,323

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
when you run out of storage space for all your great finds you can start disassembling things like the machine gun pictured and sending them to me, i will take good care of them !......may even have room for a tank or two and possibly a half-track, but certainly for the guns..................gldhntr

OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
gldhntr said:
when you run out of storage space for all your great finds you can start disassembling things like the machine gun pictured and sending them to me, i will take good care of them !......may even have room for a tank or two and possibly a half-track, but certainly for the guns..................gldhntr
I do not have machine gun - it a picture I has shown only for a sample. I have not absolutely understood other your message

OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
Machine gun in operation

Attachments

• дп.jpg
    дп.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,268

Top Member Reactions