Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven't been able to get out for quite a while now due to being in the middle of selling my house and building my new home (which is right in the middle of colonial relic country). Plus, its way too hot and dry for me as I'm mostly a cool weather hunter. Anyway, since I can't post any new finds thought I'd share a few of my old ones. These are a few shots taken from one of my displays. A little bit of everything, but with the obvious colonial bias. Looking forward to getting settled in the new place, and then hitting the fields by the end of Oct. HH to all ..... Bill

Attachments

• curio31.jpg
    curio31.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 1,138
  • curio37.jpg
    curio37.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 1,139
  • curio32.jpg
    curio32.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 1,139
  • curio36.jpg
    curio36.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 1,139
  • curio33.jpg
    curio33.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 1,138
  • curio34.jpg
    curio34.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1,129
  • curio35.jpg
    curio35.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 1,117
Upvote 0

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
good grief thats awesome. i have that same weight i think. VS 15 and all that looks the same.
:notworthy:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Killer, Bill, Killer, I say! :headbang: Your collection is amazing!

Steve in PA just signed up on the forum and will be posting. I hope you two are regulars over here! Everyone would love to see your future finds!

Colonial!!!! :hello2: :headbang: :hello2:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking displays Bill, but totally opposite from the way I display mine. You have more of the Treasure Chest look, I guess I still have the little archaeologist in me. All my colonial finds are segregated in Riker mounts or boxes by site. The Civil War stuff I still have segregated by site to some extent, although I have started mixing sites, for instance I have a Confederate frame that has 3 CS plates, 4 CS buttons, and several CS bullets. I also have a bullet frame with one bullet of each type that I have found (around 40). I have been tempted to mix all my Spanish silver into one display, but I just can't do it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely love it Bill! I wish I still lived up that way instead of on this slab of concrete and asphalt down here in S. Florida, finds that old are hard to come by down here. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve in PA said:
Great looking displays Bill, but totally opposite from the way I display mine. You have more of the Treasure Chest look, I guess I still have the little archaeologist in me. All my colonial finds are segregated in Riker mounts or boxes by site. The Civil War stuff I still have segregated by site to some extent, although I have started mixing sites, for instance I have a Confederate frame that has 3 CS plates, 4 CS buttons, and several CS bullets. I also have a bullet frame with one bullet of each type that I have found (around 40). I have been tempted to mix all my Spanish silver into one display, but I just can't do it.

Steve - I used to do it the way you do - by site. But I just didn't want to leave all those great finds hidden away in riker cases where nobody would ever see them. I started putting my best finds in the curio, and its my goal each time out to find at least one relic worthy of being put in it. I have color copies of every one of my posts for the last 3+ years put in 3-ring binders so I have an "official" record of where everything came from. But like you and most everybody else, I have no problem remembering where 95% of my finds came from. But a few years down the road I'll be glad I documented my finds. See ya ..... Bill

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But Colonial bias is good! :thumbsup:

From having read the above... In a way I would have liked to display things by site, but our finds tend to come a little at a time off many sites, so it probably wouldn't have worked out so well. I don't care a whole lot how I display things as long as it's semi organized and everything has a place. My crusty copper chest was probably my best idea so far... and probably the "display" I use the most. ;D

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome,awesome display!! Makes the mouth water!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice the way you have displayed the whole lot. It's a real mix of eye candy old. You've done well :icon_thumright:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer collection, Bill! I think I will have to display my finds like you do. I need a nice case or cabinet though. I am definitely digging the 17th century spur buckles. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for sharing, Bill!

Kirk

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! :icon_thumright: That is an awesome display of early relics!! Thanks for sharing!

I just love the sight of brass with a nice green patina!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice displays. Too bad all the Shark Pit displays have been removed from T-Net. I was lucky enuff to be one that viewed them on here.........NGE

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no shortage of great finds there...got me drooling :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions