Things with famous 16th Century famous Explorers names on them...

De Soto Trail

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2010
Things with famous 16th Century famous Explorer's name's on them...

Welcome Home!

How many people have ever found relics with a famous 16th Century Spanish Explorer's name on it?

What would you do if you discovered an historical event that's portrayed in the Rotunda of our Nation's Capitol or something that's even the very reason for a National Memorial's existence?

One piece alone is worth more than I could ever make in my lifetime I am told.

What I can't figure out is why the State of Florida keeps my kind donation of De Soto's 1539 Landing Relic locked up tighter than Ft. Knox in the Museum of Florida History and nobody is authorized to know it even exists and De Soto's own National Memorial isn't even allowed to welcome home their own past?

Meanwhile the EPA wants to come in and spend another 34 million dollars to finish dumping De Soto down a toxic waste dump in my own back yard here in Missouri.
Ever have that problem?

Attachments

• Soto\'s Name top LHS.jpg
    Soto\'s Name top LHS.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,399
  • 1539 DESOTO RELIC.jpg
    1539 DESOTO RELIC.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,527
  • 1539 DESOTO.jpg
    1539 DESOTO.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1,368
Upvote 0

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Things with famous 16th Century famous Explorer's name's on them...

Wow...that happens to me everyday!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

romeo-1 said:
Wow...that happens to me everyday!!

And twice on Sundays!

OP
OP
D

De Soto Trail

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2010

Allot of people live right next door to EPA toxic waste repositories. Our government could care less what they dump down them. They compensated the National Memorial in Bradenton with a $425,000 grant to go build a State Trail anywhere that they wanted, but never authorized historical truth. The Museum of Florida History just announced a New permanent exhibit on Spanish Exploration in Tallahassee coming in 2012, but there's no indication they'll ever let De Soto "out of the closet" here. And you're looking at evidence from the actual 1539 historical event. Some people find it hard to admit the Leverette Theory sheds more light than any other Landing Theory, and this being Soto landed along the Atlantic Ocean near Cape Canaveral instead of Tampa Bay or Charlotte Harbor. The FLBAR has another piece almost identical to the one we donated.

Estimated value: Unreported. :sign13:

Our Missouri and Kentucky finds made the Cover of Lost Treasure Magazine in April of 2003.
These shed light on the Donald Sheppard theory and can lay claim to the oldest European Artifacts ever discovered in the North American Interior with a date according to Prof. Carl Weber of De Vry University. We discovered the only gold De Soto ever left behind and his pearls of Cofitachequi.

Attachments

• 1539 Landing.jpg
    1539 Landing.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,355
  • IT\'S WORTH IT!.jpg
    IT\'S WORTH IT!.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,357
OP
OP
D

De Soto Trail

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2010

De Soto brought Treasure with him when he landed. As evidenced by the two pieces of silver used to make these Landing Relics. One was found on Anastasia Island near St. Augustine by us in 1985. The other is pictured in a book "First Encounters" (Milanich, FLMNH, 1989). Found in South Florida as well these round silver ornaments are apparently from the tack of a Spanish Horse.

Here's the only Gold ever found that Soto left behind. It ain't much, because he didn't find any. Just a few flecks of it still survive from a gilt piece of brass with a 16th Century Spanish Crest on it. There's also evidence of battle damage on here from an arrow impact.

Mr. McWhorter in Georgia claims to have invented a new ion detector that has located a pile of Spanish Gold under the streets of Florence, Alabama. The government could care less about the neutron bombs he found the same as they do letting the National Parks Service preserve and protect America's rich, cultural heritage unimpaired at times.

It's different though when you find actual historical evidence that's not on the EPA's National Priorities List. Such as La Salle's 1679 Shipwreck (Le Griffon) discovered by Mr. Libert up in Lake Michigan (2001) and just now being archaeologically surveyed to try and authenticate another famous French Explorer's artifacts. (photo: Libert 2010).

Attachments

• thumbnailCAR3BPHT.jpg
    thumbnailCAR3BPHT.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 1,317
  • DESOTO GILT BRASS PIECE BACKSIDE WITH SALT CRYSTALS IN ARROW.jpg
    DESOTO GILT BRASS PIECE BACKSIDE WITH SALT CRYSTALS IN ARROW.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,046
  • SIMILAR ARTIFACTS.jpg
    SIMILAR ARTIFACTS.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,140

xiaofang

Oct 11, 2010

Mr. McWhorter in Georgia claims to have invented a new ion detector that has located a pile of Spanish Gold under the streets of Florence, Alabama. tiffany elsa perettiThe government could care less about the neutron bombs he found the same as they do letting the National Parks Service preserve and protect America's rich, cultural heritage unimpaired at times.

OP
OP
D

De Soto Trail

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2010

HELP WANTED IN AUTHENTICATION OF BURNT ABORIGINAL FRESHWATER PEARLS
AND OTHER HISTORICAL RELICS.

WHO IS THE WORLD'S LEADING AUTHORITY ON NATIVE AMERICAN CULTURE AND THEIR USES OF FRESHWATER PEARLS?

DOES ANYONE KNOW EXACTLY HOW TO GET YOUR TREASURES AUTHENTICATED AFTER YOU DO FIND THEM? I MEAN I'VE TRIED JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF... OXFORD UNIVERSITY, THE STATE OF FLORIDA AND THEIR FLBAR, DR. MEI JIANJUN CHINESE METALLURGIST (A PROMISING LEAD) FOR A RARE METAL KNOWN AS PAKTONG. MR. BOB WARD OF THE SIR FRANCIS DRAKE SOCIETY IN OREGON HAS HELPED OUT TREMENDOUSLY IN THE PAST, AS WELL AS LOST TREASURE MAGAZINE. TREASURE HUNTER CARL FISMER IS A FRIEND WHO UNDERSTANDS WHERE WE'RE COMING FROM. I TRIED TO HIRE DAVID HORAN, LAWYER IN KEY WEST TWICE, BUT NO-GO. IT'D COST MORE THAN I MAKE IN A LIFETIME JUST TO RETAIN THE MAN.

DE SOTO SCHOLARS: YOU MIGHT AS WELL WRITE A SEPARATE BOOK ON THIS SUBJECT WITH ALL THE FIGHTING AND ARGUING GOES ON HERE. NOBODY CAN AGREE ON ANYTHING. PEOPLE WON'T EVEN STAND UP FOR THEIR OWN THEORIES ANYMORE AND THOSE THAT DO ARE DEAD. PS. IT'S TAKEN THIS TREASURE HUNTER OVER NINE YEARS TO TRY AND CHANGE ALL THIS WITH THE DISCOVERY OF THE ONLY ARCHAEOLOGICAL EVIDENCE EVER FOUND IN THE NEW WORLD WITH THIS SPANISH EXPLORER'S NAME ON IT. TO INCLUDE THREE SITES:

A. THE 1539 LANDING (LEVERETTE).
B. SOTO'S REACHING OF THE OHIO RIVER IN KENTUCKY (SHEPPARD).
C. EVIDENCE FROM THE FAMOUS 1541 CROSSING OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER FOUND
AT A PLACE THE SPANIARDS CALLED TATILCOYA OR THE LAND OF SALT
IN MISSOURI (SHEPPARD). *PLACE NAME CARVED ON RELICS FOUND HERE

HAVE HAD MORE PROMISING BREAKS IN THE LAST ONE MONTH NOW THAN IN NINE YEARS OF TOTAL EFFORTS WILLING OR NOT.

1. A NEW EXHIBIT ON SPANISH EXPLORATION AT THE MFH IN TALLAHASSEE.
2. UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA INTERESTED IN OUR PROPOSAL TO DONATE ARTIFACTS
TO MUSEUM IN TUSCALOOSA.
3. MR. LIBERT'S DISCOVERY OF FRENCH EXPLORER LA SALLE (FOR COMPARISON)
4. WHERE'S A LAWYER WHEN YOU NEED ONE? TOOK NINE YEARS, MAY HAVE FOUND
ONE WITH THE RIGHT STUFF FINALLY (ROBOL LAW COLUMBUS, OH) WORKED FOR
LA SALLE SO WHY NOT SOTO? THANKS TO WEBER AND LIBERT.
5. TOMMY SOWER'S RUNNING FOR CONGRESS 8TH DISTRICT OF MISSOURI- A
VETERAN WITH THE COURAGE TO STAND UP STRONG IN THE ARENA AGAINST ALL
ODDS TO TRY AND REPRESENT MY PROBLEMS WHEN THE OTHERS WON'T.
(INSPIRATION FOR MANY A PERSON AND ALL POLITICIANS ANYWHERE). :sign13:
6. THE JOYS OF HAVING MY PROBLEMS NOT BE THE PROBLEM OF MS. EMERSON
(MO 8TH DIST) OR MY PROBLEMS NOT BE THE PROBLEM OF CONGRESS AGAIN FOR
ANOTHER 2 YEARS. SHE ALWAYS USED TO GET MY VOTE UNTIL SHE STOPPED
REPRESENTING US IN WASHINGTON. EVEN RECEIVING THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT
ONCE ALREADY. WOW! POLITICS AND TREASURE... I LOVE IT! JUST DO THE JOB!
7. THE POSSIBILITY OF GOING TO THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT TO FORCE A
NATIONAL MEMORIAL TO HONOR THEIR OWN PAST INSTEAD OF HAVING TO SUE TO
KEEP WHAT I FOUND. WOW! USUALLY IT'S THE OTHER WAY AROUND!
8. OVER HALF WAY THERE TO START SUING THE EPA FOR DAMAGES TO OUR
NATIONAL HERITAGE.
9. OVER HALFWAY THERE IN STARTING TO GET A NATIONAL MEMORIAL TO SAY TWO
SIMPLE LITTLE WORDS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF THEIR OWN PAST AND
ESTABLISH A NATIONAL HISTORIC TRAIL WHILE WE'RE AT IT, EH.

SERIOUSLY, IS IT WORTH IT? YOU BE THE JUDGE...

WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
A. HISTORIC PRESERVATION AND THE LAW
B. PERSONAL GAIN AND THE LAW
C. BOTH A AND B INCLUDING THE LAW
D. TO HECK WITH IT AND THE LAW

THIS DISCUSSION MAY BE FUNNY TO SOME PEOPLE BUT IT'S AS REAL AS DISCOVERING YOUR OWN ATOCHA (MEL FISHER) AND THE GOVERNMENT TRIES TO DUMP YOUR HUNDRED MILLION DOLLAR DISCOVERIES DOWN A TOXIC WASTE DUMP IN YOUR OWN YARD USING FEDERAL FUNDS WITHOUT EVER CONDUCTING THE REQUIRED SECTION 106 SURVEYS (NHPA 1966). AND ALL THAT TIME A NATIONAL MEMORIAL CAN'T EVEN STAND UP FOR ITSELF. THEY GET PAID ($425,000) TO TURN THEIR BACKS AND TELL YOU TO YOUR FACE, "WE ARE NO LONGER AUTHORIZED TO BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE IN PRESRVING AMERICA'S RICH, CULTURAL HERITAGE UNIMPAIRED."

RESPECTFULY SIGNED, THE KEEPER OF THE NATIONAL HISTORIC REGISTER.
(RANGER MATHEWS) WE GOT ONE OURSELVES (SEP 2008). AFTER A 6 YEAR EFFORT.

I'LL DONATE GLADLY 300 MILLION DOLLARS IN HISTORICAL ARTIFACTS (1EA) JUST TO HEAR AN NPS DIRECTOR JON JARVIS SAY TWO SIMPLE LITTLE WORDS FOR A NATIONAL MEMORIAL'S PAST... "WELCOME HOME!"

OR LISA JACKSON DIRECTOR OF THE EPA, MY FRIEND, TO SAY SHE'S SORRY TO OUR NATIONAL HERITAGE AND SOMEBODY NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE THE SUPERFUND TRILLION DOLLAR PORK BARREL THAT CAUSES ALL THIS TO HAPPEN.
DON'T THINK IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU? GO OUT AND DISCOVER A LOST 16TH CENTURY TRAIL YOURSELF AMD LET'S FIND OUT, EH?

PRICELSS PEARLS OR NOT?

1. YOU HAVE A BURNT EXAMPLE FROM HOPEWELL MOUNDS IN OHIO.

2. THEN THERE IS DE SOTO'S ONLY SLIGHTLY DAMAGED AT THE BATTLE OF
MABILA 1540 PEARLS. PERHAPS 10,000 NATIVE INDIANS DIED IN THE VERY FIRES
THAT MELTED THESE SAME PEARLS? THE SPANIARDS ALREADY WROTE NAMES AND
DATES ON HERE AND IT WAS FOUND IN CONTEXT WITH OTHER DESOTO RELICS.

I WONDER WHAT SOMETHING IS WORTH WITH SOTO'S SIGNATURE ON IT?
WE FOUND IT IN DEXTER, KENTUCKY. THE CONQUISTADORS USED TO MAKE SPARE CROSS BOW TIPS OUT OF THE SHEET COPPER MATERIAL THAT IT'S MADE OF.

Attachments

• burnt-hopewell-mound-pearls-ross-county-1.jpg
    burnt-hopewell-mound-pearls-ross-county-1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,498
  • THE BURNT PEARLS OF COFITACHEQUI.jpg
    THE BURNT PEARLS OF COFITACHEQUI.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 984
  • DESOTO SIGNATURE.jpg
    DESOTO SIGNATURE.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,451
U

umrgolf

???

OP
OP
D

De Soto Trail

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2010

ANYONE FINDING SMALL PIECES OF SHEET COPPER BE ADVISED THAT 16TH CENTURY SPANISH EXPLORER'S USED TO MAKE SPARE CROSS BOW TIPS OUT OF THIS VERY SAME MATERIAL. IT IS THE PERFECT INDICATOR FOR THE PRESENCE OF CORONADO OR DE SOTO, THESE MAKESHIFT BOLT HEADS DESIGNED TO REPLACE THE STANDARD IRON TIP ONES.

THE SPANIARDS ALSO CARVED MESSAGES ON THIS STUFF TOO. DE SOTO'S OWN SIGNATURE AND NAME ARE ON THIS PIECE DISCOVERED AT DEXTER, KENTUCKY IN 1998. TOOK THREE YEARS LOOKING AT THE INSCRIPTIONS TO TRY AND MAKE OUT A NAME. YOU SPELL DE SOTO WITH FOUR LETTERS: SOTO. HIS SIGNATURE IS VERY UNIQUE. IT HAS AN S THAT'S SHAPED LIKE AN UPSIDE DOWN FISHHOOK. CAPITAL H IN HERNANDO WITH A LITTLE D OVER A Z. USUALLY WHERE YOU FIND ONE RELIC THERE WILL BE PLENTY WHERE THAT CAME FROM.

IF YOU HAVE ARTIFACTS WITH MARKINGS ON THEM NEVER GIVE UP TRYING TO LEARN WHAT THEY ARE. DE SOTO'S 1539 LANDING PIECE TOOK 18 YEARS TO REALIZE THAT THE NINE WAS STABBING THE THREE IN THE BACK FOR THE YEAR OF A FAMOUS LANDING.

SPANISH TREASURE DOES TEND TO BE HAUNTED AS WELL...ANYBODY ELSE EVER NOTICE THAT? BUT THAT'S NOTHING COMPARED TO THE POLITICS OF TRYING TO ESTABLISH A DE SOTO NATIONAL HISTORIC TRAIL OR TRY AND STOP THE EPA FROM DUMPING TOXIC WASTE IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD TREASURE OR NO TREASURE. THEIR PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD'S MOSTLY CONSIDERED THEY DO NOT CARE. I AM TRYING TO BE AS POLITE AS POSSIBLE BUT IT'S A STEADY BATTLE WITH THE STATE ARCHAEOLOGIST OF FLORIDA (DR. WHEELER) AND THE MUSEUM OF FLORIDA HISTORY (BRUNSON/DAWKINS) JUST TO GET THEM TO ACKNOWLEDGE 1539 EVER OFFICALLY HAPPENED EVEN THOUGH THEY KEEP ON COMMEMORATING IT HAS FOR A VERY LONG TIME. THE TIME IS NOW FOR A NATIONAL MEMORIAL IN BRADENTON TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN HERITAGE IN THE NAME OF HONOR'S SAKE TO SAY JUST TWO SIMPLE LITTLE WORDS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF THEIR OWN PAST. WELCOME HOME! I KNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE A BROKEN RECORD BUT I'VE WASTED NINE YEARS OF MY LIFE TRYING TO CONVINCE THESE PEOPLE IT'S WORTH IT. NOW ALL I GOT IS LA FLORIDA'S MOST UNWANTED HISTORY STILL LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME. I'M OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS.

I'VE SPENT SO MUCH TIME ARGUING WITH THE GOVERNMENT OVER DE SOTO'S LOST TRAIL THAT I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TREASURE HUNTING IS ANYMORE...ALMOST.

RESPECTFULLY.

Attachments

• boltheads.jpg
    boltheads.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,335
  • DESOTO COPPER PIECE WITH SIGNATURE FOUND AT DEXTER KY.jpg
    DESOTO COPPER PIECE WITH SIGNATURE FOUND AT DEXTER KY.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 877
  • markings.jpg
    markings.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 846
  • boltheads.jpg
    boltheads.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,298
  • markings.jpg
    markings.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 835
  • IRON CROSSBOW TIP FOUND AT ANHAICA.jpg
    IRON CROSSBOW TIP FOUND AT ANHAICA.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 899
  • DESOTO COPPER PIECE WITH SIGNATURE FOUND AT DEXTER KY.jpg
    DESOTO COPPER PIECE WITH SIGNATURE FOUND AT DEXTER KY.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 869
OP
OP
D

De Soto Trail

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2010

GOD REST HIS POOR SOUL IN THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER AND THE ATTROCITIES THE SPANIARDS DID TO THE NATIVE AMERICANS ARE TODAY CONSIDERED NOTHING SHORT OF UNFORGIVEN, BUT IF THE STATE OF FLORIDA WANTS TO CONTINUE TO PRETEND THEIR HISTORY NEVER EVEN HAPPENED AT THE SAME TIME THEY KEEP ON COMMEMORATING IT DID? THEN BY ALL MEANS IT MAY FORCE US TO USE THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT TO DEMAND THE SECRETARY OF STATE (MS. ROBERTS) AUTHORIZE THE STATE OF FLORIDA, THE FLORIDA BUREAU OF ARCHAEOLOGICAL RESEARCH (FLBAR) AND OR THE MUSEUM OF FLORIDA HISTORY (MFH) TO FINALLY MAKE AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THIS SERIOUSLY DELINQUENT HISTORICAL QUESTION ONE WAY OR ANOTHER... DID DE SOTO OFFICIALLY LAND IN FLORIDA IN 1539? YES OR NO. WHERE'S THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL EVIDENCE TO SHOW ME IN REGARDS TO THE ACTUAL HISTORICAL TRUTH? HISTORY DEMANDS SOME ANSWERS! IT'S ABOUT TIME.

OTHERWISE THE HISTORICAL TRUTH JUST KEEPS ON GETTING ___________!

RESPECTFULLY. I HATE TO SAY IT. :help: SAVE OUR NATIONAL TREASURES TO WHERE EVERYBODY BENEFITS AND NOT JUST THE POLLUTERS OF OUR ENVIRONMENT.

THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO SAY THAT, EH.

Attachments

• SCREW IT! THAT\'S THE THANKS YOU GET..jpg
    SCREW IT! THAT\'S THE THANKS YOU GET..jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 845

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

De Soto Trail said:
ANYONE FINDING SMALL PIECES OF SHEET COPPER BE ADVISED THAT 16TH CENTURY SPANISH EXPLORER'S USED TO MAKE SPARE CROSS BOW TIPS OUT OF THIS VERY SAME MATERIAL. IT IS THE PERFECT INDICATOR FOR THE PRESENCE OF CORONADO OR DE SOTO, THESE MAKESHIFT BOLT HEADS DESIGNED TO REPLACE THE STANDARD IRON TIP ONES.

THE SPANIARDS ALSO CARVED MESSAGES ON THIS STUFF TOO. DE SOTO'S OWN SIGNATURE AND NAME ARE ON THIS PIECE DISCOVERED AT DEXTER, KENTUCKY IN 1998. TOOK THREE YEARS LOOKING AT THE INSCRIPTIONS TO TRY AND MAKE OUT A NAME. YOU SPELL DE SOTO WITH FOUR LETTERS: SOTO. HIS SIGNATURE IS VERY UNIQUE. IT HAS AN S THAT'S SHAPED LIKE AN UPSIDE DOWN FISHHOOK. CAPITAL H IN HERNANDO WITH A LITTLE D OVER A Z. USUALLY WHERE YOU FIND ONE RELIC THERE WILL BE PLENTY WHERE THAT CAME FROM.

IF YOU HAVE ARTIFACTS WITH MARKINGS ON THEM NEVER GIVE UP TRYING TO LEARN WHAT THEY ARE. DE SOTO'S 1539 LANDING PIECE TOOK 18 YEARS TO REALIZE THAT THE NINE WAS STABBING THE THREE IN THE BACK FOR THE YEAR OF A FAMOUS LANDING.

SPANISH TREASURE DOES TEND TO BE HAUNTED AS WELL...ANYBODY ELSE EVER NOTICE THAT? BUT THAT'S NOTHING COMPARED TO THE POLITICS OF TRYING TO ESTABLISH A DE SOTO NATIONAL HISTORIC TRAIL OR TRY AND STOP THE EPA FROM DUMPING TOXIC WASTE IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD TREASURE OR NO TREASURE. THEIR PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD'S MOSTLY CONSIDERED THEY DO NOT CARE. I AM TRYING TO BE AS POLITE AS POSSIBLE BUT IT'S A STEADY BATTLE WITH THE STATE ARCHAEOLOGIST OF FLORIDA (DR. WHEELER) AND THE MUSEUM OF FLORIDA HISTORY (BRUNSON/DAWKINS) JUST TO GET THEM TO ACKNOWLEDGE 1539 EVER OFFICALLY HAPPENED EVEN THOUGH THEY KEEP ON COMMEMORATING IT HAS FOR A VERY LONG TIME. THE TIME IS NOW FOR A NATIONAL MEMORIAL IN BRADENTON TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN HERITAGE IN THE NAME OF HONOR'S SAKE TO SAY JUST TWO SIMPLE LITTLE WORDS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF THEIR OWN PAST. WELCOME HOME! I KNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE A BROKEN RECORD BUT I'VE WASTED NINE YEARS OF MY LIFE TRYING TO CONVINCE THESE PEOPLE IT'S WORTH IT. NOW ALL I GOT IS LA FLORIDA'S MOST UNWANTED HISTORY STILL LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME. I'M OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS.

I'VE SPENT SO MUCH TIME ARGUING WITH THE GOVERNMENT OVER DE SOTO'S LOST TRAIL THAT I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TREASURE HUNTING IS ANYMORE...ALMOST.

RESPECTFULLY.
I just saw your other post in best dug coppers.Are you saying that piece of shoe is something from " DE SOTO'S LOST TRAIL " ??? :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• IMG_0339.JPG
    IMG_0339.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 887
  • IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 865

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

is that you Hmmm? :icon_scratch: :laughing9:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:dontknow: ahh ok , sounds about right ::)

OP
OP
D

De Soto Trail

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2010

I STAND CORRECTED: THESE BOOTS WERE MADE FOR WALKING AND CONQUERING TOO.

THANKS TO TREASURE NET, AND FELLOW TREASURE HUNTERS, YOU MAY HAVE SOLVED A 16TH CENTURY

MYSTERY. IT MAKES SENSE AS WELL. WHEN CORONADO AND DE SOTO WERE RUNNING OUT OF IRON TIPS

FOR THEIR CROSS BOWMEN THEY TURNED TO THEIR COBBLERS WHO TOOK THE COPPER SHEET

MATERIAL THEY USED FOR MAKING SHOES AND FASHIONED MAKESHIFT CROSSBOW BOLTS USING COPPER

TIPS WHICH ARE ALREADY RECOGNIZED AS A 16TH CENTURY ARCHAEOLOGICAL TIME MARKER. I'VE SPENT

NINE YEARS TRYING TO MAKE THE CONNECTION. I'LL HAVE TO SUBMIT THIS THEORY TO SCHOLARS AND

SEE WHAT THEY THINK. RESPECTFULLY, DE SOTO'S TRAIL.

Attachments

• OUR NATIONAL TREASURES.jpg
    OUR NATIONAL TREASURES.jpg
    686.6 KB · Views: 858

You are presenting a claim of great importance and I will give you the benefit of the doubt only once, like I do for everyone. I will not let my own questions and the responses by others, decide whether this is true or not. Nor will I question your sanity based on the few nut jobs that have appeared on this forum in the past.
Your story however, is flawed and in order for anyone to take you seriously, you MUST fill in the missing pieces. There could be a chance that you have gone through 9 years of emotional stress and your posts are a reflection of that. ???
Take a deep breath and put some thought into my following questions.....

1. Please state which of all the pictures you posted, are in fact your finds. This also includes the magazine photo and anything else relating to your finds.
2. The photos showing "Soto" need to be enlarged so that we can see what you see. If better photos aren't possible, then do you have some verification from recognized professionals confirmed in a letter or e-mail?
3. Please explain the relevance of the melted pearls better. Did you find this following De Soto's trail in another state?
4. Please shed some light on the discovery of your finds, whatever they may be. Details of the hunt and historical references through research would help your case.
5. If the bolt tips are in fact your finds, then add details or evidence supporting that the sheet of copper (with Soto) was used for making bolt tips by someone from the 16th century. Was there copper bolt tips found by the sheet of copper at the site?
6. What else did you find at these (trail?) sites that indicate Spanish occupation?

My advice is to go into more detail about the artifacts and their recovery rather than explaining the political, legal, and environmental issues. These things will have no impact on your audience until they are able to believe you and your story.

I am a hardcore relic hunter and have found at least 100 "heel plate" or "toe taps." (or whatever they are called) I have also found thousands of pieces of Native worked kettle metal. I wouldn't say that it is a 100% provable that your "Soto" piece is from a boot. There is a chance that it is utilized scrap copper. A squashed, late 19th century heel plate is very probable but we do not know for certain. More pictures are needed.
Don't expect anyone to take you seriously until you can fill in the missing gaps to your story. Which is required when making such a claim! If you are expecting support from the treasure hunting community, then I suggest that you present more evidence! :wink:
Cheers,
Dave.

P.S. Could the moderators remove the post advertising Tiffany jewelry? It adds a little more chaos to this post! :tongue3:

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

I'm going to keep a eye on this 1 :laughing7: Did you find the mound pearls in a mound?I guess that's the only way they could be called (mound pearls).In my area if they caught you diggin in a indian mound they would put you under the jail?I wish you luck

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

THE BURNT PEARLS OF COFITACHEQUI.jpg !!!! ;D :coffee2:

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010

that my friend is some serious hobby!! better than a pro! congrats krazyhorses

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread