Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1

    Best Silver Roman Tally...



    I have found over the years quite a few Roman Silver coins on a couple of ocasions I have found two, but never three, this was until last week when searching three different fields, I found three Roman Silvers, two from one field.

    The coin on the left is Marcus Aurelius, and the bottom coin that of his son Commodus, you might remember the film Gladiator (Russel Crowe) were Commodus (Joaquin Pheonix) suffercated his father, so that he could become Emporer. Infact Marcus Aurelius died on 17 March 180, after a weak long illness, in the city of Vindobona (modern Vienna). Marcus gave the succession to his son Commodus, whom he had named Caesar in 166 and made co-emperor in 177.
    The coin is in fact a tribute to his farther, struck after his death, "My father, Marcus Aurelius, now walks among the Gods."

    SS

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	src2 005.JPG 
Views:	719 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	579513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	src2 007.JPG 
Views:	774 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	579514   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	src2 012.JPG 
Views:	769 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	579516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	src2 013.JPG 
Views:	794 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	579517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	src2 014.JPG 
Views:	802 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	579518  

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  2. # ADS
    Ads

    TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

  3. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    It's there,you just gotta look for it!

    May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 Garrett SeaHunter MarkII used with a Hookahmax
    5,829
    1786 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Colin, OUTSTANDING, You bloaks get ALL the good stuff! God Bless HH Chris
    Ever wonder where your thoughts come from?

    Everyone has a right to be WRONG,but,

    it's not RIGHT to be wrong.

  4. #3

    Feb 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac
    7,405
    532 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Amazing finding 3 in a day!! thanks for the history too!!
    Debby

  5. #4

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker
    Colin, OUTSTANDING, You bloaks get ALL the good stuff! God Bless HH Chris
    Thanks Chriss, we are blessed with great history here
    Quote Originally Posted by cntrydncr1
    Amazing finding 3 in a day!! thanks for the history too!!
    Yes I like to try and make the post a bit more interesting

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  6. #5

    Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, and the Tesoro Sand Shark for sniping underwater on cleaned bedrock.
    3,197
    1270 times
    Metal detecting for gold and Surface Suction Sluicing, AKA Triple-S mining.

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Those are such remarkable finds--nicely done.

    All the best,

    Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

  7. #6
    ad
    Mar 2009
    WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
    5,129
    551 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (3)

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Hello Colin!
    His new post is t.net fresh air, you're a good photographer.
    H
      No matter how long the storm, the sun always shines again between the clouds ...... 

  8. #7

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Quote Originally Posted by HISPAN
    Hello Colin!
    His new post is t.net fresh air, you're a good photographer.
    H


    Thank you Friend I have a new camera now
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  9. #8

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Another Day to remember
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

  10. #9

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER
    Another Day to remember


    We both have had them hopefully more to come

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  11. #10
    us
    Jan 2005
    somewhere in Asia for now
    T2 SE,Sovereign Elite,two Excal II s and a cibola
    6,433
    488 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Roman silver is on my wish list big time! Awesome score !! Congrats on a day to remember.
    God and country.

  12. #11

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Quote Originally Posted by birdman
    Roman silver is on my wish list big time! Awesome score !! Congrats on a day to remember.


    Hopefully you will get one, one day, I to like to find them, there are so many different ones to find

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  13. #12
    gb
    Mar 2011
    luton
    XP DEUS
    65
    1 times

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    nice coins your fields look as good as mine
    all coins and artefacts shown are found with a metal detector unless otherwise stated

  14. #13

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Quote Originally Posted by loud ed
    nice coins your fields look as good as mine
    Unfortunately Mate, this field is coming to an end looking for pastures new now

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  15. #14
    gb
    Mar 2011
    luton
    XP DEUS
    65
    1 times

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by loud ed
    nice coins your fields look as good as mine
    Unfortunately Mate, this field is coming to an end looking for pastures new now

    SS
    now ive got the DEUS im going back to worked out fields and its like someone has filled them up again
    and i prefer flat rolled to pasture
    all coins and artefacts shown are found with a metal detector unless otherwise stated

  16. #15

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Quote Originally Posted by loud ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by loud ed
    nice coins your fields look as good as mine
    Unfortunately Mate, this field is coming to an end looking for pastures new now

    SS
    now ive got the DEUS im going back to worked out fields and its like someone has filled them up again
    and i prefer flat rolled to pasture
    I still don't see what the Dues has over the XP, apart from the several hunting modes, but I don't see any of those, opening up any of my sites.

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  17. #16
    gb
    Mar 2011
    luton
    XP DEUS
    65
    1 times

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by loud ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by loud ed
    nice coins your fields look as good as mine
    Unfortunately Mate, this field is coming to an end looking for pastures new now

    SS
    now ive got the DEUS im going back to worked out fields and its like someone has filled them up again
    and i prefer flat rolled to pasture
    I still don't see what the Dues has over the XP, apart from the several hunting modes, but I don't see any of those, opening up any of my sites.

    SS
    it seems to have the edge finding small stuff on heavily iron contaminated ground cos it has such a fast refresh rate, but apart from that theres not a lot between them but they are both better than our old hawkeyes
    all coins and artefacts shown are found with a metal detector unless otherwise stated

  18. #17

    Re: Best Silver Roman Tally...

    Quote Originally Posted by loud ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by loud ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by loud ed
    nice coins your fields look as good as mine
    Unfortunately Mate, this field is coming to an end looking for pastures new now

    SS
    now ive got the DEUS im going back to worked out fields and its like someone has filled them up again
    and i prefer flat rolled to pasture
    I still don't see what the Dues has over the XP, apart from the several hunting modes, but I don't see any of those, opening up any of my sites.

    SS
    it seems to have the edge finding small stuff on heavily iron contaminated ground cos it has such a fast refresh rate, but apart from that theres not a lot between them but they are both better than our old hawkeyes
    I thought the recovery is just the same as the XP apart from it being lighter, and the hunting modes, it's no different and I could not justify the 1300, I considered buying one once, till I had a go of one, and wasn't inpressed
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  19. #18
    us
    Nov 2011
    BOSTON
    Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
    319
    75 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Hi Silver Searcher; AWESOME. !!! I'm Drooling Here. !!!

    I miss my trips to England for sure. PEACE:RONB

  20. #19

    Re: Hi Silver Searcher; AWESOME. !!! I'm Drooling Here. !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BARKER
    I miss my trips to England for sure. PEACE:RONB
    Doncaster I believe, not far from me

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  21. #20
    us
    Nov 2011
    BOSTON
    Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
    319
    75 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Hi SS; Cool. Great People There. I --

    envy your luck. I had my way I'd move there. For sure. to me it is a Detecting Paradise. !!! PEACE:RONB

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

roman takky

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3