quicksilverspider

Tenderfoot
Apr 3, 2012
New Braunfels, Tx
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, detector PistolPROBE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a developer, and I'm big on analysis, and it would seem to me that you could gain some insight from recording finds and looking for patterns.
As a user alone this would seem valuable. If others were comfortable in sharing finds then it could be a social experience.
On the other hand, people could report bogus finds to lead someone away from an area.
I'm brainstorming looking for what is out there already.

My Thought is a suite of tools:
Mobile (iPhone/android)
document finds with coordinates/picture/date/type
add items to a continuous log.
directions to saved way points

PC App (heavy reference on Google Maps)
mapping finds logged / way points
create way points
statistics coins/jewelry/trash/comments

Web Site
secured by user
mapping logged/shared finds
collect shared finds to pc app

Goal is to make a free app out there to push the hobby and fuel other ideas for other developers.

Ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being In Washington state, Great finds are few and far between, I have been with Tnet for over 10 years and have found some great Items, My Friend actually had found a US BOX Plate two years ago, however the only Banners we ever see is from states that have the good Historic areas, I would like to see banners broken down my regions or states, ie, click on a state and see what Banner Items were found, I have found some great ww1 Items, but I cannot even try to submit because I know it would not compare to the great items found on the mid or east coast..just my personel thought.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sent you a PM

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see a simple Google Earth app with a variable gridded overlay, various target icons with edited drop down descriptions.

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being In Washington state, Great finds are few and far between, I have been with Tnet for over 10 years and have found some great Items, My Friend actually had found a US BOX Plate two years ago, however the only Banners we ever see is from states that have the good Historic areas, I would like to see banners broken down my regions or states, ie, click on a state and see what Banner Items were found, I have found some great ww1 Items, but I cannot even try to submit because I know it would not compare to the great items found on the mid or east coast..just my personel thought.

First, Tnet is worldwide not just in the states. Second, a lot of gold coins are found on the west coast, hardly any on the east coast. Gold coins always get nominated for banner. Third, you don't nominate yourself. You post your finds for all to enjoy, and if it turns out to be a rarity then others may nominate it for banner. Only a very small percentage of posts will be nominated for banner, but it has little to do with you being on the west coast. Every part of the world has banner worthy finds waiting to be discovered.

Shane

shoot

Mar 28, 2012
IL,FL,CA,AZ,VA,PA,MI,CO - I get around.
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV , Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, Thanks, im leaning more toward android myself just because of the ios licensing thing as well.

I have a personally lean to the android market with all my apps I do have some in Itunes but it is not worth the hassle for me most of the time. I have been focusing on a lot on html5 web based applications now (going back in time to some I know) But html5 has come a long way in the past year with all the new mobile browsers.

OP
OP
Q

quicksilverspider

Tenderfoot
Apr 3, 2012
New Braunfels, Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First, Tnet is worldwide not just in the states. Second, a lot of gold coins are found on the west coast, hardly any on the east coast. Gold coins always get nominated for banner. Third, you don't nominate yourself. You post your finds for all to enjoy, and if it turns out to be a rarity then others may nominate it for banner. Only a very small percentage of posts will be nominated for banner, but it has little to do with you being on the west coast. Every part of the world has banner worthy finds waiting to be discovered.

Shane

Ok Guys, as i am new to this "Forum" stuff, can i buy a clue! When vanoldschool mentions "Banners" i'm assuming its a type of find. Little did i know it a "Forum" thing.

What does "Being nominated for Banner" mean? or nominating in general.

Is it something notable in the forums?

OP
OP
Q

quicksilverspider

Tenderfoot
Apr 3, 2012
New Braunfels, Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a personally lean to the android market with all my apps I do have some in Itunes but it is not worth the hassle for me most of the time. I have been focusing on a lot on html5 web based applications now (going back in time to some I know) But html5 has come a long way in the past year with all the new mobile browsers.
Hey, i'm interested in both, ill be calling on you. Thanks for the help.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys keep building and using those apps! Meanwhile, I'll keep detecting and finding stuff while you guys study better ways to do it.. LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread