MY BEST FIND diamond ring

submarine

May 19, 2012
I was detecting an area on March 11th that used to be a baseball diamond 15 years ago. I was checking the area where the bleachers use to set getting the usual junk and clad change when I got a broken but repeated signal. I really started to pass on it and go on, but just not knowing tears me apart, so I started digging. Out pops a timber nail used to nail the old bleachers together. So I'm disappointed to say the least. I swing back over the plug and hole just to be sure, and get a strong hit. I dig down another inch and see dirty yellow! So with my heart about to beat out of my chest, I pull out this ring! The center diamond is a wee bit over a carat. The total carats is 2.6 (guesstimate) because the jeweler said he would have to pull them out of the mount and weigh them for an exact size. Anyway, its 14k and to small for me to wear. :( Value was put at $4,000.00-$5,000.00 at the jewelry store, which I know has a tremendous markup. :)

ForumRunner_20120523_105115.png

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy,
Has your heart beat returned to normal YET! What a super find! I've found two gold rings, one had some diamond chips in it and had been squashed to death so I used it to make targets glued to poker chips and they come in very handy when I'm out in the field. Checking a known target to see how it reacts in a new location is helpful. It might be possible to have the ring resized and then again you might just want to sell it to purchase some new toys, either way enjoy and thank you for sharing.

63bkpkr

OP
OP
submarine

submarine

May 19, 2012
Yep its almost back to normal. Just a flutter every now and then.

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great find ! My heart would have just stopped all together .
Glen

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wooo-Hoooo! Happy Dancing for you in New York - Congratulations on the Gold and Ice!!!!!!!

NHDUG

Nov 24, 2008
Mid southern NH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS,Minelab Excaliber 800, Ace 250, Minelab X-Terra 70, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice ring! :notworthy: :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread