Old find gets a New home

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Liberated this from it's earthy grave a couple years ago.

A good friend who has been driving me around as of late because of my physical problems ( Legs ) just recently happened to mention that his folks were born in 1922 and was interested in having ANY coins from that particular year.

I recalled this find in my collection of digs yesterday & decided to give it to him last night when he picked me up for a weekly "Road Trip". ;) After seeing his face light up, I knew I had done the right thing. Felt even better than it did when I dug it up !!

What makes it even MORE special is that there were NO Nickels, Dimes, Quarters or Halves made in the U.S. in 1922, just pennies & Silver Dollars. ( & the penny without a mint mark, would be a MAJOR find to dig up. Most certainly something I would have a problem "giving away". It made this decision a NO BRAINER !! :o )

Can't wait until the old "wheels" allow me to get out MDing again soon.

22peace.jpg

22peacea.jpg

Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what it is all about. Great stuff!

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
That is so cool!!!

Back in the 70s, my only Grandma gave me a pair of 1922 Silver Dollars like that.

In the winter of 82-83, I lived at a party house for a few months, and during that period some #@&%^%(&%)*&^)*&)&!!!!!! stole them. Also they took a Mercury Dime given to me by an uncle, and a 1901 V-nickel my Dad found at the University where he taught. I was with him that day (it was in the late 60s) when he needed to go pick something up at his office. We were leaving, and we walked down the steps at the front entrance, and at the sidewalk he suddently said "What's that?". He leaned down and picked something up out of the dirt, and that is what it was.

You ARE a great person. Keep up the good work!!
:)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool thing you did MY....but why couldn't the parent's been born a different year ;D....Nice job and get back out ASAP!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread