ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Bounty Hunter, Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PA060084.JPG PA060083.JPG PA060079.JPG PA060081.JPG PA060076.JPG

Thanks to a tip on TreasureNet found the little guy with glasses and the 14K gold & diamond pendant in melting snow banks at the mall last winter. The diamond pendant has right around 50 small cut diamonds with about 20 more knocked out by the snow plow! The little guy with glasses is my good luck charm. The square cut diamond seems to be a fake found in the same melting snow mound as the diamond pendant.

Thanks to walking the dog found the Tiffany & Co. earring in a crack on the sidewalk. About $50 dollars worth of gold or if you want to buy another one at Tiffany's it will put you back about $600! The round diamond found while walking the dog in a crack in the road. It caught my eye and my first thought was that it was a piece of broken mirror from a car so I kept walking about five feet before I turned around and went back to pick up. It was blazing with brilliance and I really thought and hoped it was real, but alas the jeweler said no go... I guess if you pick up enough diamonds one has got to be real. Along with the above dog walk finds found $20 bill blowing in the wind at my feet and found them all within about a week period this past summer. The other junk diamond was found by my eight year old daughter in around the same time period.
Thanks for looking.

Upvote 1

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice ... WTG :thumbsup:

xtrmdigger

Oct 28, 2012
Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Garrett AT PRO
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett GTI 2500
TESORO SAND SHARK
FISHER PULSE 8X
Good eye! It's amazing what's right in front of our faces! I found an 1854 O half dime on the ground near a new power pole. And countless pieces of jewelry over the years. All you have to do is pay attention!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection of eyeball finds, ClovisOak. That's why I've spent most of my life looking down when I walk!
Nick

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find almost as much jewelry with my eyes as I do metal detecting. I live in a college town, and get to walk everywhere. Just yesterday I found a "diamond" that looks real good- will have to get it tested soon. Check out my posts on the I can't believe my eyes forum down page.

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread