Best finds from first year of detecting!!! PT1

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes yes yes I know I've been promising pictures for awhile, but its hard when you don't have a digital camera. So everyone thank the most wonderful woman in the world for letting me borrow hers. Alright, lets get down to the nitty gritty. It'll have been one year next week since I first began detecting and today I bring to you the best of what I have found. Now don't get your hopes up, nothing phenomenal, a few nice coins that would go for 80-100 bucks if graded but nothing earth shattering. But none the less they are finds and ones I am proud of at that. I live up here in upstate NY right outside of a city called Binghamton and all of the places
I've gotten out to have been old farm land/homesteads and a little time on the old chenango canal so these areas have alot of garbage and old rusted cans so its been difficult detecting but I'm starting to get the hang of it. The first picture I would like to post is of my best haul. An old abandoned elementary school gave this up and to tell you the truth I was expecting a little more but we take what we can find right?

000_3666.jpg

Total- 12 quarters 4 nickles 20 dimes and 45 pennies for a grand total of $5.65 and 81 coins.

Now that might not seem like alot to the seasoned searcher but I tell you what most days I'm bringing back a buck or two in clad and thats it. And with 80+ holes that consumes alot of time. Most were at a depth of at least 4 inches. Absolutely none on the surface.

Well now that we have the norm out of the way we move to the unique. I hit up this old celler hole that has been abandoned since the 40's and pulled a ton of garbage from in the hole and nothing worth keeping, not even any semi decent relics. So I moved from in the hole to outside with much better results. At first nothing, not a signal for about 20 min but then I pulled these few item out of the ground. And not one piece of garbage for the rest of the hunt!

000_3668.jpg

A few cardboard shotgun shells, a tin soldier (and Nixon coming) , and a nice little 1883 Indian head cent ( a first for me) Not a bad day, finally broke into the 1800's.

Now keep in mind this was probably my 12th hunt or so, many failed attempts before. I actually believe that the hunt before this one I came back home with 2 pennies and a marble I found laying on the ground. By this point in time I learned the value of research......

So yes quickly, I love the relics as well as the coinage as well as the jewels so heres my homage to dug silverware...

000_3679.jpg

Next is the Jewelry, not too much to report on a few gold and a few silver, a bunch of costume ( not photographed, but yes always a treat...

000_3675.jpg

3 silver rings and a sterling earring back annnnd my favorite......

000_3673.jpg

000_3674.jpg

GOLD!!! V for VICTORY!!!! The class ring found in the woods behind my mothers house and the little heart was found in the wood chips at a local park ( I do need to get back there soon ) But thats it for the gold this year, i predict next year will be much better.

And how could I forget the religious pieces as well....

000_3677.jpg

And finally something I found really neat, someone dog tag from WWII, found along the canal tow path....

000_3678.jpg

Stay tuned for part 2, will be up in an hour or so with the fun stuff (coins) and my BEST find this year!!!!!!

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread