Some of my better finds

1171HP

Dec 8, 2004
SW MO
I got a new computer a few months back and have figured out how to post my pictures using my scanner. I'm working on the digitial camera thing though my picture taking abilities need improvement for those items that do not lay flat. Anyway, I thought I might show off a few of my finds of my on again off again hobby of metal detecting over about the last 14 years which obviously is on again. I've also found about 14 Indian Heads, 1854 Seated, 1838 LC, 1943 WL. 1943 Shilling, half dozen or so silver washington and roosevelt dimes, 3 Barber Quarters and 3 Barber Dimes, a couple of Buffalo Nickels and a shield nickel. I've also got an Eagle Button, cartidge plate and about 30 or so good dropped CW bullets and a ton of knicknacks. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the proof of what my wife calls my 'nerdy' hobby (I dont' care). I've never failed to have fun at this hobby even if I don't find anything and besides it is relatively inexpensive. It has been great and I hope to get my young sons involved someday. What's sad is I'm the one that got my brother into the hobby and his collection (mostly CW relics) kicks mine all over the place. His collection includes a stamped brass CS oval plate (not solder filled) and an 1800 Spanish One Reale. Not bad for Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas. HH

Attachments

• 1838 LC.jpg
    1838 LC.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 629
  • 1854 Seated.jpg
    1854 Seated.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 622
  • 1943 WL.jpg
    1943 WL.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 616
Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds! Post more pics when you get the time, like to see them 8)

R

rixdfx

where at in missouri are you from??? just curious, i also am from missouri.....

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Awesome dids so far. I had heard a few things about Jenkins Ferry and the Union's "Victory in Retreat" there. Have you been over that way?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread