Last two years finds

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
Last two year's finds

Here's jewelry and buttons.The swastika was popular before Hitler adopted it.The gold ring I found this week in my back yard after trying 4-5 different detectors over the last 25 years.This yard is full of nails and such.I was sure it was cleaned out.I got a new 5x10 DD coil for my Troy x5 and only went to the yard to get a feel for it in a trashy area.And I found the ring,a mercury dime,and 5 wheat cents that I'd missed all these years.It's all about target separation!

Attachments

• IMGP0040 (2).JPG
    IMGP0040 (2).JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 474
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Last two year's finds

WOW , nice DIGS . HH ; jeff

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
Re: Last two year's finds

Junkdigger I noticed your using a Troy x5 I was wondering if you were satisfied with it, Im looking to upgrade and am seriously looking at the troy x5

OP
OP
junkdigger

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
Troy x5

2 1/2 years ago I bought a White's XLT. I found most of the stuff posted with it. I liked it, but I was distracted by the urge to watch the screen and the info on the screen was wrong often as not.Also I got the detector damp a few times and the screen was goofed up til it dried out.Stopped in a detector shop out of town one day and the fellow showed to me the Troy and demonstrated it. I came home and read up on it then ordered one from him the next day.I haven't tried other detectors of recent make.It would be best if we could try several before buying one.But WOW I like the Troy! It is light,not tiring to swing all day.Simple to use! A single 9v battery lasts a week of daily all day use.It's water resistant.Easily found a wheat cent the other day at 8" with the discriminator on.Probably good for more depth than that.The DD 5x10 elliptical coil detects an area about 1" wide by 8" long. You have to swing it a bit slower but you can find coins among nails because of the great seperation between the targets.I've not hunted for gold nuggets yet,but I believe it will work well.It's very sensitive on small targets.That's my mission for next spring and summer.These things are awfully expensive, but cost a lot less than boats, 4 wheelers etc. None of which I own or want. Any thing with tits or wheels will give you trouble eventually.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread