Seacoast NH Best Finds

portcitymarvels

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting since i was 16 ( now 20) hoping to make a career out of this, devoting this year to strictly hunting. These are the best finds so far. DSC02764 (800x600).jpg treasure 038 (640x480).jpg photo (600x800).jpg photo (9) (600x800).jpg treasure 031 (800x600).jpg treasure 026 (800x600).jpg DSC00053 (800x600).jpg

Upvote 0

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
No comments but I do I have a question. How is the metal detecting "career" thing coming along? I hope your plans don't include polluting the airwaves with another god-awful metal detecting "reality" show. Sorry, I guess I did also have a comment after all. It would certainly be great to actually make a career out of something so fun to do. If metal detecting doesn't work out as a career, consider photography. You seem to have an artistic instinct in your photos. Best of luck to you!

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, If you don't mind me asking, how are you going to make a career out of it? Resale, or archeology? It sounds really interesting.

OP
OP
portcitymarvels

portcitymarvels

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I've been thinking about this allot lately. I live in an area that has about 2 ft of snow right now so it's rather hard to hunt. I am currently working two jobs to make enough money to support my " hobby" this summer. I figure around April ill be able to start hunting again hopefully sooner. Currently while I am not working I am researching old homestead is my area at the local historical society. So far I have acquired 4 maps of affluent homesteads. My plan is to hunt as much as possible when the season comes around, acquiring 100s of pieces of local history. Let me say that I don't strictly metal detect. I also go to bottle dumps and scuba dive. So once I get a bunch of product I want to get a cart this summer and sell my treasures off of it. I live in a town that had literally thousands of rich tourists in and out everyday, also it was ranked one of America's best small towns top ten in America. It was settled in 1623 and rich in history. I want to sell my treasure as a sort of keepsake for these visitors jacking up the prices higher than anywhere else one could sell. It does cost money to have a cart and would run me about 500 dollars however I believe this number is very achievable to surpass given enough hardwork and determination. After this summer of hunting I hope to obtain more than a few pieces that will be worth some good money, enabling me to have a decent savings. From there I'm not sure. However if you look at the photos I posted above there is one of a " tiki doll" that I have been communicating with the History channels America Unearthed and they are interested in doing some further investigation about the artifact. Ill keep you treasurenet people posted. Thanks and happy hunting.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread