Silver!

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Up until 2007, I was a real estate agent. Back in early 2005 we respresented a builder who ahd bought up a large tract of low income housing to build $250,000 Town Homes. The old homes had been torn down and the builder hadn't started on the town homes yet. I tought it might be a good opportunity to search the area.

I pulled up and got out my metal detector I kept in my car. (I believe it was a Bounty Hunter 505.) After an hour of searching, all I had found were hunks of iron pipe, cans, and general metal trash. I decided to work my way back to my car. I got a large hit from the detector, and I almost didn't dig it. (I figured it was another piece of pipe.) I dug down and wasn't finding anything, so I started refilling the hole. There was a clump of dirt that I thought was a rock. For the heck of it, I ran it by the coil and it sounded off.

I cleaned it off as best I could and discovered a change purse. The change purse was so deteriorated, I have long since threw it away.

I just got around to buying another one that I keeps my finds in from that time.

001_zps31f4bc22.jpg

Here's what was in it!
005_zpsd4f0b180.jpg

11 Mercury's, 3 quarters and 2 steel pennies. All from 1938 to 1943!

Upvote 5

MadPoetLaw

Feb 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find. I've gotten two such coin purses over the years. Both of mine were full of clad unfortunately. Great score

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome find i would've had an heart attack lol

OP
OP
charlotte49er

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I almost didn't dig it. I figured it was just another piece of pipe or can. But, I'm the guy who thinks that every sound could be long lost buried silver from the War of Northern Aggression (Civil War to those up North.) Or even earlier, from the Revolutionary War! I can't walk away from a hit. LOL

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! A buddy of mine needed a place to hunt so I put him on to a place that I was scouting and was showing promise. You guessed it, he found a leather pouch full of coins! I was happy for him and I'm happy for you. A find like that is on my 10 most wanted list. H Digs :)

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome, I'd love to find that WTG!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread