My favorite 2006 find

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
First I would like to say how much I appreciate Treasurenet.

In October my house got broken into and they stole a jar of tokens and foreign coins and stuff, among other things.  I've learned to hide my *real* goodies well, so they didn't get those.  Anyway if it weren't for treasurenet then I wouldn't have taken a pic of these items--but I did, and now I at least have that as a memory and reminder.

Enough about that. 

My favorite coin find of 2006 was not my oldest coin find for the year, or even my rarest coin for the year.  But she is indeed a beauty and so I pick her for my fave of '06.   :)  Here she is:

Attachments

• 070106.jpg
    070106.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,116
  • 070106.jpg
    070106.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,112
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
She is a beauty....so sorry to hear about your home being burgurlized...sure hope they caught the creep(s)

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
She sure is beautiful.

Hope they find the creeps who broke into your house and throw them in jail.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Yes - Beautiful. Nate found one SLQ this year and he also found a beauty like yours. They get pretty pricey if you try to buy them in such nice condition.

Bob

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She sure is a beauty.

I always fear that happening. That is why my stuff stays in a 500 lb 4 ft x 2 ft x 3ft safe..

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin!

HH

OP
OP
mlw67

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

About the break in: I'm sure I know who it was. There was this bum that kept hanging around my neighborhood, and he kept breaking into my 24-foot moving van for a place to sleep. He is crazy--he even threatened to break in my house and kill me if I took *his* stuff out of *my* truck. :-\ So yeah, he got the cops called on him more than once, and I am just sure it was him who broke into my house, but unfortunately I can't prove it. Next month I am planning on getting a full alarm system installed complete with video cameras. 8)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
She is a beauty, Matt. I'm sorry you *lost* her. :'(

I'm glad you're getting some protection for your home, your belongings, and yourself. :-\ Take care! :)

OP
OP
mlw67

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
No, no, I didn't lose this quarter. I have all my 'good'-goodies well hidden. I didn't hide these tokens and such because I didn't think anyone would target them. :-\ Cest la vie. I also didn't think this neighborhood was that bad--and maybe it really isn't--there is just this one crazy bum that is peeved at me for moving him out of my truck. I think he is probably responsible for some other vandalism to my place as well. The cameras should put a stop to all this nonsense.

Here is a photo of the stuff I lost from this last break-in (it was all in one jar):

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 968
  • stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 967

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice Quarter!
You should consider getting a safe deposit box and just keep the really good stuff there.
Very sorry to hear of the theft.
My Brother-in-law had all his stuff stolen. It was enough to make him give up metal detecting.

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
beautiful quarter!

i had a good laugh at your avatar/explanation. ;D i think i do this: :o

OP
OP
mlw67

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Thanks you guys!

I've never even considered a safe-deposit box (as obvious as that seems), but that is a good idea.  I think I'll check into it.

Even though that bum could break into my house 57 times and he would never find my goodies.  LOL

Us finders are good hiders, dontcha know.   ;)

dandan

Feb 24, 2006
When my Gramps died he had a SD box full of "undeclared" stuff. The IRS immed. put a freeze on it and had their way with it. End result was much less than he had planned for my Gram. Be carefull!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread