Mercury Dime Honey Hole

marz

Mar 27, 2013
South Texas
Detector(s) used
WHITES M-6 With eclipse 950 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An amazing week at an old old fairground that has been abandoned the only thing that was there was too piles of broken wood one to left one to right after digging around in the wood I found a sign that said tickets that's when i started metal detecting around the piles and came across something amazing so I decide to sweet my coil over a piece of wood and it had glass in it pretty long,and I got I hit so I've moved the wood with window and got the same hit just a little higher VDI number the ground is dry dry and sandy since its been covered after Digging 5 inches I found 3 Mercury dimes just to double check i sweep my coil over again got another hit in found another Mercury dime now I'm in shock I can't believe it my hand was shaking I was so dang, excited here are pics and dates,and mint marks 1943 s // 1942 no mark // 1940 D // 1934 D

merc1.jpg

merkdime2.jpg

i still have that awesome feeling man :D :D :D :D :D from what i know the far started in 1929-1944 sum thing like that's what some locals said
I am going to send them in to get graded do u think it would be worth it are will they even grade??? and which coin grading company is best are what grade do u think that would get.

Upvote 3

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job, it's always great when you find any old coins, no longer are they lost but now they will be preserved!

Unfortunately none of them are key date coins, it wouldn't be worth the price of getting them graded, even in very good condition they would only be worth about $10 each except the 1934 D which would only be worth $30 to $50 in very good condition.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
No, don't get them graded. Minor in value and will never recover the grading fees.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No clue on grading but that 42 is beautiful. I love those coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread