Best Finds Since Ive been Detecting.

G

grimm1970

Best Finds Since I've been Detecting.

I haven't been detecting in a few years, and actually lent my Whites Spectrum XLT to a friend in Indiana who has 3 boys, but here are some of my best finds:

The first day I got the Spectrum, I found 2 gold rings by a basketball court.

I helped with an archeological dig at the Battle of Fallen Timbers near Toledo, and found a musketball from the battle.

At a Catholic School in CA there was a small field. I could not move the detector without it saying "Quarter" I had days were I found 70+ quarters. During 1 summer, I found over $400 in change just in this football field sized lot. There was still plenty to be found there when I moved from So Cal.

At a small cemetary in PA where my grandparents are buried at I found a great assortment of coins. Very Little trash (I didnt search by the graves) I found about 20 silver coins including : a walker half, silver washington quaters, mercury dimes, roosevelt silver dimes, a very nice 1914 Barber dime, a few Buff Nickles, a IH penny, several wheats, an old Pittsburgh Trolly Token, and even a 2 Cent Piece. Hows that for an assortment in a small area?

I also helped a very attractive Newleywed find her wedding ring that fell off her balcony into some ivy during a party. It was in Newport Beach and the diamond on it was huge!!!! She gave me $50 bucks for finding it, and quite a nice hug! Ahh those California Blondes!

The more I think about that hug, the more I think about getting back into detecting!

Upvote 0

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Best Finds Since I've been Detecting.

:) :) :) :)

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Best Finds Since I've been Detecting.

yes, Cali, SD, my home town. . . . I remember when ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread