United States Revenue Cutter Service coat button

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the great opportunity of being invited to a shooting of The Antiques Roadshow here in Baton Rouge today that will air in January 2014. It's my understanding that the tickets are free but you have to be rather lucky to get them because first you email the show, then they select "X" amount of people to attend, not unlike a lottery. A good friend of mine scored and invited me to go along. One of the attendance rules is you have to bring at least one item to be appraised or you can bring two if you so desire. Unfortunately they don't allow coin, paper money or ammo etc. Learning of this I decided my best bet was to bring one of the many military buttons I have recovered in the last few years. I settled on a War of 1812 Artillery button and a U.S Revenue Cutter Service button that I dug near a CW battle site (oddly enough). To my surprise the U.S RCS button was actually the more rare of the two. Even in this shape it appraised for $400.00 putting it up there with one of my more valuable dug pieces. The guy didn't give me a number but said it would have been more had it not had the damage from the plow. So here it is, in all it's rarity :) By the way if you would like to get a shot at attending the next show it will be in Kansas City Missouri. I would go to their website to gather information on how to enter the pool of folks trying to get in.
United States Revenue Cutter Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Antiques Roadshow | PBS

Attachments

• IMG_1103.JPG
    IMG_1103.JPG
    635.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread